Taking the test

POV Natasha

Today Emma can take her test. I sincerely hope she'll show up. I'm still a bit concerned about her standing at my door but changing her mind. I got the idea she didn't really need the tutoring but she could at least tell me. Or just stay with me. I would've liked that. Just hanging out with her. I think she liked it too Monday. Maybe I am wrong.

I didn't sleep much. I was up all night thinking about the dinner, about the call with Becks and about Emma. I think I start to like her. Something about her is appealing, besides her good looks. I know this can't happen because I am her teacher. But I want to get to know her so badly. We don't talk a lot, but she gives me this looks... when our eyes meet, I get lost in them. When we touch, my body shivers in a good way.  That's why I can't focus on Monica, or anybody else. She's running through my mind all day long.

School is over, I go to the detention room where Emma is already seated and hand her the test. "I didn't think you would've come in today?" I ask impressed. She looks up. "I don't want to fail my classes, I need to graduate by the end of this year." "Where have you be..." she cuts me off "I would like to start on my test" she turns her eyes down on her paper. "Okey, good luck" she turns her paper and start filling in the questions.

I get a seat behind the desk at the front and keep an eye on her. She doesn't look up once until she's finished. She gets up and walks over holding the paper in her hand and her backpack already hanging on her back. "I am done, here you go" she says handing over her test. "How did it go?" I ask browsing to the papers checking whether she filled in every question. "Alright" she is holding her head down again, turns around and walks out.

Nobody else had detention so I quickly get up, follow her and grab her by the wrist. She gasps. I turn her around. "Can we talk?" I demand. I try to sound confident and hide my nerves.

She nods and faces me completely . "What do you want to talk about?" "Not here, let's go back into the classroom" "ok"

She follows me back in. I lower myself on my chair and when fully seated I notice she takes a seat on the first desk. Which is on the opposite site of the classroom from the teacher desk. Normally she sits in front of me when I try to talk to her. Why is she being so distant?

"Miss green told me you were standing in front of my classroom yesterday but you didn't enter, why's that?" "It sounded to me like you had better things to do than waste your time on me" she responds. I am stunned by that answer. "What do you mean?" She raises her shoulders but doesn't say a thing.

"I'd appreciate it if you inform me next time you're bailing" "I am sorry, I didn't realize I was wasting your dating time" I look at her with some confusion. "Miss green didn't had to wait that long I think" she continues . I am nailed to the ground. She thinks I replaced her for a date with Monica.

"First of all, I had reserved my time for you. But you walked away. I saw you heading out. Monica... I mean Miss green saw an opportunity and asked me to get dinner together. Besides, why do you care?" "I don't" her words hurt, more than they should. Does she really not care at all? I don't believe her. Her words aren't adding up with her behavior. She's acting pretty jealous. i can tell although she tries to hide it.

"I don't know what your problem is Emma, why are you acting like this?" "Because first it's Will, then your ex and now Mon" "you have no say in what I am doing besides school, hell you do not have a say in anything regarding my life. I am your teacher. I've already explained you. I am not feeling anything towards William, nor towards T. And Mon? You mean miss Green? We just went out once to get some food." She keeps quiet, I can see my words are getting to her "why do you call miss green, Mon?" "You are right, I don't have a say in it" she says as she gets up and walks out. "Emma? Emma? Em?" Too late, she's gone.