Mindfuck (N)

POV Natasha

Class is over and Emma wasn't in it. Students are leaving and I follow them out, I lean against the door crossing my arms searching the hallway hoping to see Emma. I hope she turns up but something deep inside me is telling she'll not. I got this feeling something is seriously wrong.

Monica comes up to me keeping a serious face. "You're free now?" I nod. I do have a free period. I was planning on correcting some papers but I hope she has a better suggestion. "You want to grab a coffee at the teachers lounge?" I nod, close my classroom and follow her. The teachers lounge is empty, Mon makes us coffee while I head over to the cosy corners. I get seated and my eye falls on the big whiteboard. "Emma Jones quit school today" it says.

Monica lowers herself next to me handing me my coffee. She moves her head towards the whiteboard. "that's what I wanted to talk to you about" I feel anger and sorrow boiling up. I need to use every bit of energy in my body left to not cry. My eyes are getting watery. Monica comes closer and put her arms around me. She rests her forehead against my temple and pulls me closer. I can't keep my eyes off the board and repeat the sentence over and over again in my head. Why?

"I am so sorry Natasha" Monica whispers in my ear.

"She came in about an hour ago. She headed straight to the principal and dropped out. She took her belongings and left" I don't have the energy to say anything. I just sit there. Am I never gonna see her again? This can't be happening.

Mister smith enters the teachers lounge "I hoped to find you here, you weren't at your classroom." He comes closer. "By the looks of it, you've already saw the note" Monica answers for us "yeah"

I look at mister smith. "Did she say what she was about to do?" He shakes his head. "No, she just unrolled, took her stuff and left"

The rest of the day was hard. I had issues concentrating myself. I gave all my students the same assignment. They'll have to read a part of a book and write an essay about it. They would need the rest of the week to finish this.

At mentor hour Emma's class start to ask questions, I explain them that Emma dropped out and wasn't coming back. They want more information but I can't tell anything. Not because I don't want to, because I simply don't know. I don't know what she's doing right now, I don't know what's the reason she left, I don't know where she's staying... and I feel frustrated about it. She's gone. For good.

Days go by and not a sign from Emma. It has been about a week now. I'm doing my utmost best to not let it have any impact on work, but it is so hard. I miss her. Her smile, her looks, her cuteness when getting nervous. She's still spinning around in my head. I can't forget her, even if I try to. I am feeling so down right now, maybe even heartbroken.

It is already Sunday. It's like Emma just disappeared. Like she vanished. Nobody knows where she is. Nobody stayed at her mothers house this week, apparently the same for William's. I've spend hours searching after school. Poof, gone.

I haven't told becky yet. I'm seeing her tonight. We're going out, grabbing a bite. I don't feel like going but Monica said it would possibly take things of my mind. Maybe I need to tell becks about everything. I avoided her calls this week, she'll notice something's up right away and I don't want to tell her by phone.

I lay down on my couch and close my eyes, I am so exhausted. My phone buzzes. I must have fallen asleep because it is becky standing in front of the intercom. To my luck I was already dressed up and ready to go.

We pull up at a restaurant not far from my house. We get in and sit at an adorable table. We order some wine. Becky is talking about a boy she met, about her having a great time with out squad past week.  She tries to ensure i know what i've missed. I try to listen but Emma is running through my mind and i can't focus.