32. Moving in

Author's POV

Y/n serves some hot soup to Rang, while he just looked at her surprised.

''Drink that. Now.'' Without wasting any moment Rang starts drinking the soup as instructed by y/n. He had a few sips but stops in his actions as he feels y/n's hand on his forehead making his cheeks burn.

''Your temperature is quite warm, looks like you have a fever.'' Y/n says not noticing Rang's reaction to her touch.
''It's not fever, I just have a warm body temperature.'' He said looking away from y/n.
''Oh, because you're a fox ?'' Y/n realises as Rang hummed in reply.
''You should go back to sleep, i'll leave after finishing this. Sorry for the break in.''

''You know a weird thing ? Everything that you do turns out to be good for me, even if it's unplanned or abrupt. For example, even now.''
''Now ?''
''Yeah, I couldn't sleep because of my nightmares and honestly, I was scared too. Im used to living alone but sometimes its too empty. It felt lonely. But weirdly enough, I got your company. So you breaking in wasn't really a bad idea. But that doesn't mean you're gonna do that again.''
''Yes ma'am.''

Soon Rang was done eating, so he gets up saying y/n that he'll take his leave.
''Rang.'' Y/n stops him, getting up from the couch.
''Ahm ?'' He says turning around.
''What are you gonna do after going home ?''
''Nothing much. I don't have anything to do. I live alone remember.''
''Well then...... Do you mind, ummmm. Nothing.'' Y/n hesitated, fidgeting with her fingers.
''Okay, Good night.''
''Can you stay back ?'' Y/n says making Rang stop. A wide smile crept on his face but he calmed himself down before turning around to face y/n.

''I just don't feel like staying alone right now.''
''Sure. But im still hungry, ya know.''
''Will ramyeon do ?'' Y/n asked happily.
''Surely will.''

And the both spent the night slurping on the noodles, later y/n brought her photo album to look at with Rang just to pass the time. It had her childhood images which Rang couldn't help but tease y/n for but he knew best that she looked adorable. And the room was filled with laughter.

The next morning,

Y/n woke up with her head on Rang's shoulder and found him already looking at her, adoring her every feature.
''Good morning.'' He whispered their faces inches away.
Y/n pulled herself together and quickly moved away keeping some distance between them, getting all flustered.
''M--morning. I'll go get freshened up.'' She said walking to her escape.
''Cute.'' Rang muttered smiling, reminiscing y/n's flustered face.

Y/n POV
At office,

Making Rang stay back worked against me. Everything was good until last night but......
Why'd he have to be so close ?! I was low-key panicking inside this morning.
I don't even know what I should say about staying with him. He won't let me without an answer---
Ouch---

''Y/n, are you alright ?'' Ji ah asked. I swear I should stop zoning out.
''Yeah, Im sorry. I was just thinking about something.''
''Coffee ?'' Ji ah said handing me cup. She always knows.
''Thanks.'' I said as we sat on a table in the office cafe.
''Is everything alright ? You left early yesterday.'' Ji ah asked.
''Yeah, just some things came up.'' Should I tell Ji ah about what I saw yesterday at the president's house ?

''Ji ah-ya. Did you see or hear something weird yesterday at the president's house ?''
''Umm, nothing specific. But I went to use the restroom after you left yesterday and I just felt something weird. Why do you ask ?''
''Keep this between us. I heard some weird noises from the second floor yesterday.''
''Second floor ?''
''Yeah. I found it suspicious when the director said the second floor was off limits so---''
''No way, you went on that floor didn't you ? Classic y/n.''
''Uh, yeah. But that's not the point. The noise was coming from a room.''
''What did you see in the room ?''
''I wasn't able to but I found something else.'' I fish the artificial nail from my pocket and kept it on the table for Ji ah to have a look.