Chapter 2

"Hey over there what's ya name?
Are you for real? Is this a game?
You start to smile and I do the same
I look away but you remain
Your eyes staring back at me (back at me)
My heart starts to skip a beat
I pray that you will never know (never know)
I fall and then you look in my eyes."
Vistoso Bosses ft. Soulja Boy "Delirious"

Nicole

"Remember the plan?" I asked Tae, locking the car. Tae is one of my closest friends.

We met when I was in college and he was a student at Paul Mitchell's. I was a live model for a day and I was assigned to Tae. He was so nervous and sweet. He ended up slaying my hair and we've been friends ever since.

He gets on my nerves sometimes, but I can always count on him to give me a good laugh

He is truly one of the best hairstylists in Atlanta. Tae is still debating whether to move or not. He's been looking at places in L.A. and Houston. I have a feeling he's not going anywhere because his whole family is here. Whenever a client who is out of state or the country needs him, they just fly him out.

When my stylist isn't around and I'm feeling lazy, I have to beg him to squeeze me in because he is constantly booked. I still pay him the normal price just like any other client. Never mix friendship with business. Trust me on that.

Tae has an and off relationship with his boyfriend, Shawn who is a chef. They're always having a disagreement about something and it's usually so small and petty. He's bisexual and has a thing for thick women. He's got great taste in men and women. He is honestly living the both of both worlds.

Today, I'm going to search my Mom's house for any document or item that will give me information about my father. That letter I got is still so fresh in my mind two weeks later. Google isn't really helping my search and I don't want to ask my Mom.

I probably should have done this when I first discovered this information, but I was still trying to process everything. The devil definitely does not want me to search the house because I can't find my key anywhere.

Since I no longer have a key to her house, I can only search when she's around. My Mom has refused to make another one for me. I brought Tae to be on the lookout so she doesn't catch me looking through her room.

"I still don't understand what this is for."

"I'll explain later. Just run with it. If anything goes wrong, you are going down with me."

"Well damn. Don't worry, I got this."

"Good. Let's do this." I knocked on the front door.

"What are you doing here?"