Chapter 13

"I don't want no other b*tch to touch up on my best friend
You show me how it feels when they deserve you and cherish these moments
That's what he wanted
'Cause the difference is, you ain't no f*ck n*gga and I'm feelin' it
I'ma ride out, whip it
Play and I'll flip it
We got forever to go, oh, woah, oh."
Lil Durk ft. Summer Walker "Difference Is"

Nicole

"B*tch, you did that." I said admiring my toned stomach in the mirror. Even with all the weight I lost, my *ss is still big. I have to jump a couple of times to pull my jeans up. I am not buying any jeans in a bigger size because Abercombie is already expensive as hell. At least I don't have to lie down on my bed anymore in order to zip them up.  I promised myself this wouldn't be a big-backed summer. Tre had me training like a beast in the gym, but I really appreciate his help.

I'm currently getting ready to go to Peter's birthday party. He's the CEO of the label Dewayne is a part of. Every year, he has a party and everybody who is somebody in Atlanta always shows up. I think he's turning 42 this year.

The only person I gave a definite answer that I was coming was Dewayne. I didn't want the rest of the crew to make such a big deal about it and it gets out that I'm attending the event. I just want this to be a nice event where I have fun. I don't want the bloggers and paparazzi bombarding me with questions tonight.

The dress I'm wearing tonight is the custom dress I ordered for my birthday shoot which never happened. Every year, I always say I'm going to get pictures professionally done for my birthday, but that never happens. Tae ends up taking them every time even when I look a little raggedy and they turn out cute, so I guess I should just stick with him.

Before I showered, I removed the gauze pad that was taped onto my arm. I had blood drawn today at Quest because I wanted to find out what my blood type was. I know I'm either O or A since those are my parents' blood types. I swear I do some of the most random sh*t when I have nothing to do, but I feel like that information could be useful in the future.

"Leo. Leo, if you jump on me one more time. And stop licking my legs." I laughed, gently pushing him away as I rubbed lotion on my legs.

I got dressed and put my flats on. I grabbed my heels and clutch before going downstairs. As I searched for my keys in the kitchen, there was a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole to see an older man with a suit on.

"Hi."

"Ms. Fletcher?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Mr. White booked me as your driver tonight, so I will drive you to the venue and bring you back home when you're ready." I shook my head, chuckling. Dewayne always got something up his sleeves.

"Okay. Let me grab my stuff real quick."

"Take your time, ma'am."

"Alright, we can go."

"May I say you look lovely this evening?"

"Thank you." He led me to a black Cadillac Escalade. That sh*t was so f*cking sleek. "What's your name?"

"Sam."