Chapter 8: Songbird

He stares at you blankly, making you feel uncomfortable as heat rises to your face.

"The rain messes with the acoustics, you're never going to like how you sound out here." he said monotone

"We'll I prefer the stairwell to be honest." You giggle. "I just wish we had a piano here, I'd love to practice, it's been so long."

"Hmmm.. you play?"

"Yes." You smile back at him "I've played my whole life, I was never taught or anything but... my hands just know what to do." You look off into the landscape where water pours down over the hills

"Come." Levi pushes himself off the railing and motions for you to follow him as he opens the door.
You sneak past the party and up the stairs, going through a hallway you've never seen before. Finally you pass a doorway that seems familiar, was that commander Erwin's office? The two of you head to the end of the hall to the last door, where Levi stops and unlocks the room. He opens the door to reveal an immaculately clean office, its stunning. This is where he lives?

You notice the piano tucked away in the corner before his bedroom doors

You notice the piano tucked away in the corner before his bedroom doors. You turn your head and smile wide in his direction.

"Fix it." He says as he leads you into the room. He kicks off his shoes and you do the same, leaving them in corner.

"Huh?"

"It sounds god awful, something's wrong with it."

You look at him, puzzled.

"You mean it's out of tune?" You reply

"Do you know how to tune a piano, or not?" He asked seemingly irritated

"Yes, don't worry, I got it." You smile and prance over to the piano.
You lift up the hood covering the keys, and gently check their sound, trying to work out where it's out of tune.

Great, it seems every key is off.

"When was the last time this was played?" You turn to Levi

He shrugged

"Do you play?"

"No." He organized his desk and then sat down, doing his best to ignore you and the ungodly sounds you're producing.

You lift up the top of the piano, where the strings are kept, but you're having trouble trouble reaching the tuning lever, which has fallen inside the pianos beyond your reach. You stand on top of the stool and try your best to reach it but still, you can't.  You turn to Levi, he won't be able to reach it either.

"What are you staring at?" He says, not looking up from his desk

"There's a lever at the bottom... it fell and I can't reach it."
He gets up and looks at you

"I need you to hold onto me while I try and get it.."  your face goes red when you realize you're still in a dress, and he's going to have to support you while you bend over.