Part four

Chapter seven

Pablo got his strength and feelings together as he knocked on Emma's door. Miller are you up?

Yes, it's open. I just finished packing. He walked in revealing Emma wearing the thing he found most sexy on a girl. All black heels and a leather jacket.

It's your last day, we should head down to breakfast and get ready to drop you off

It's your last day, we should head down to breakfast and get ready to drop you off. Pablo held out his hand for her to take, feeling the warmth radiating through their skin. She shivered slightly, from the touch or the cool breeze that wafted in through the open window, Emma didn't know but it definitely was welcome.

Watching the actor putting on his shoes, she woefully remembered that only in a few hours she'd be back home cutting hair and having to work with a manager that sucked. She started thinking back on the day before it was like a dream and she couldn't help but feel the slight burning in her chest at the thought of maybe never seeing him again and being just another fan to him. With a sigh, Emma reluctantly grabbed her bag and finally followed him out of the hotel room.

Breakfast for both of them was a silent affair. Neither wanted to talk about the time once they were leaving again, yet it was inevitable. They both had lives, on either side of the world and it wasn't going to stop turning just because they had a great time together. She hated not talking to him and he just wouldn't look at her. He looked everywhere but towards her.

"So, uh, what are you going to do after this? Are you going to go straight back to filming?" or to the kids?

Pablo swallowed, feeling his chest tighten at maybe never seeing her again. She was one of the first girl, who wasn't one of his co-stars after the divorce from his ex that he felt comfortable to be with, even in a romantic way. But he wouldn't get ahead of himself.

"Uh, I'll be taking my bike down to Bozen, I think. Just enjoying nature and the time I'll be able to drive that BMW."

Emma giggled as she saw his broad grin return at the mention of nature. He was, without a doubt, the first - and only - actor she met that was so down to earth and intune with his surroundings. Or maybe it just was his upbringing, he had told her that Canada never left his heart and he enjoyed every second of being able to roam the woods and mountains there.

That sounds amazing, I'd love to see that one day, too. just riding around and traveling a bit.

"You could. You still have to recover from that cut." He mumbled into his coffee, avoiding looking at her. The closer they'd get to saying goodbye the more he wanted to keep her here.

Shaking her head with a rueful look, she leaned back to look at the giant in front of her. "I'd love to but work has other ideas. I'm booked and I don't want to impose anymore than I already did."

"You wouldn't. I'd love to take you." She smiled. I know... but we need to rip off the bandaid.

Taking a deep breath, Emma refused to look at him. If she had to spend even one more night with him she couldn't guarantee that she wouldn't jump his bones. She couldn't even remember what they talked about the night before but the heat she felt when they explored the sights and stood under the waterfall - it was pure heaven. But, and it was a big BUT, she couldn't say yes to his offer. It wouldn't be right and Pablo should enjoy the time he had planned for himself, do a reset for himself.