𝟶𝟶𝟹.

CHAPTER THREE | ❝PARTNERS❞"'Cause thoughts devour, Thoughts of you consume 

"'Cause thoughts devour, Thoughts of you consume ."

───。°✩ : *.☽.*: ° 。───

       OF ALL THE WAYS SCOTTIE THOUGHT THEY WOULD KILL MASON, A BARBECUE WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. But Jenna was hosting and Jenna was old friends with Mason so Alaric brought it up to Jenna who invited Mason so Alaric invited Damon, although it was never really Ric's voice. Scottie came and Elena had invited Caroline as well which meant Scottie got to chance to talk to the blonde girl. 

They were sat on the porch while Damon antagonized Mason inside the Gilbert home. Caroline was stress eating potato chips while Scottie sat next to her, cautious but happy to be able to talk to her friend again. 

"How are you?" Scottie asked, sitting in a chair next to the blonde as Caroline smiled. 

"Better than I thought I'd be. Thanks to Stefan, of course."  Caroline explained as she shoved chips into her mouth. "And Bonnie, she got me this daylight ring." 

"But you're doing okay? After carnival night and all? Controlling yourself?" Scottie asked gently as Caroline glanced up at her with a slightly guilty look on her face. 

"I mean, I crave, a lot, but I drink just from blood bags and eating people food helps with the cravings." Caroline explained as she pulled her hair back out of her face. "But I'm keeping in control." 

Scottie watched Caroline's expression, seeing how the girl smiled and all over seemed a little bit more confident than she did as a human. Even if she was dead, and a vampire, Caroline seemed to have a better grip on herself now, and, she seemed confident in her ability to keep it together. 

"I'm happy that you're happy, Care." Scottie gave her a kind smile as she reached forward as gave Caroline's arm a squeeze. 

"Yo, Snoody." A voice called as Damon stuck his head out the front door to look over at where Scottie was. "Come monster hunt with me." Damon said, smiling cockily as he motioned towards himself. 

"Ugh." Scottie scoffed as she stood up, turning back to Caroline with a pleading look. "Safe me." 

Caroline smiled and clicked her tongue. "I wish I could." She said as Elena pushed past Damon to get to the front porch with Caroline. 

Scottie huffed, pulling curled hair back over her shoulder as she walked in the house after Damon. 

"Scottie!" Jenna exclaimed when she saw the girl, happy to see the girl but frowned when she saw Damon walk in behind the short girl. "Tell me you're not here with him." Jenna said, glaring over at Damon. 

"No." Scottie answered immediately, rolling her eyes at the idea. "God no. Elena invited me." Scottie fibbed as to not be associated with Damon.

"We're just doing shots- not for the teenager," Alaric added, pointing at Scottie who put her hands in the air in defense. "But let me get you a shot glass buddy." Ric said in Damon's direction.