𝟶𝟶𝟺.

CHAPTER FOUR | ❝NO PEACE❞"'I can't help but love you, Even though I try not to 

"'I can't help but love you, Even though I try not to ."

───。°✩ : *.☽.*: ° 。───

      THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY VOLUNTEER DAY IN MYSTIC FALLS HAD BEGUN AND SCOTTIE WISHED SHE COULD BE MORE EXCITED. But she was paranoid, and worried. Worried about running into Mason even if she was good a combat and staking a vampire, she wasn't quite sure how to kill a werewolf, and she'd rather avoid doing so without Damon's help, though she'd never admit that. Ever. 

Scottie hated vampires, but Damon's assurance to protect her was the only thing making her feel safe while in public. She dedicated herself to painting the fences and any unpainted wooden surface she could find besides the trees. 

But she was stressed, and she needed to do something, so painting was her distraction, though it wasn't working, she kept looking around in fear Mason would appear behind her. 

"If you keep looking over your shoulder you'll seem shady." Damon pointed out as he strolled over to the human. 

"I am shady. I stabbed a guy and he healed." Scottie replied, not looking at him as she painted at the bench. 

"I told you I wouldn't let him hurt you." Damon replied, crossing his arms as he smiled cockily down at the girl. 

"I'm not worried. Never said I was worried." Scottie retorted keeping her focus on the fence in front of her, not letting Damon distract her from her coping method. 

"You're compulsively painting a fence and your heart is going so fast I'm surprised you're still alive." Damon retorted, making Scottie pause and glare up at him. 

"Stop doing that." Scottie snapped as she stood up and turned to the vampire, having just finished her side of the fence. 

"Doing what?" Damon asked cockily. 

"Listening to my heartbeat. And talking to me. And looking at me. It's annoying." Scottie snipped, turning on her heal but Damon trailed after her, not listening at all. Damon opened his mouth to respond but Scottie stopped walking, setting her painting supplies down as she looked at the front of the Lockwood property. "Is your brother talking to Mason? I can't tell, your ears are better." 

Scottie turned back to glance at him as Damon listened in on Stefan and Mason before he walked down towards his brother, Scottie following after him. 

"What are you doin'?" Damon asked, leaning over his baby brother's shoulder, glaring off in the direction Mason had gone as Scottie came up on the other side of Stefan. 

"Negotiating peace on your behalf." Stefan answered his older brother as Damon frowned and clicked his tongue. 

"But we don't want peace." Damon grumbled as Stefan glanced from Scottie to Damon.