Chapter 18

Chapter 18

    "Second Aunt Wei, in fact, we don't need to talk about other people's pretending. If we can keep pretending, that's good too. Some stepmothers don't even want to pretend, and they make faces when they see their stepson and stepdaughter."

    "Don't Speaking of Comrade Xiao Shen, the dignified mother-in-law doesn’t seem to have cared much about the two children, Zhengzheng is in poor health and suffers from stomach problems all the time, and I haven’t seen Lan Linxiang say to buy him a thermos.”

    “I think so .” In all fairness, Comrade Xiao Shen, the stepmother, has done a pretty good job."

    ...

    Second Aunt Wei snorted coldly when she heard what everyone said, and continued knitting without saying a word.

    Xiao Yutang had good ears, and he heard some of what everyone said under the big locust tree, but he didn't turn his head, and looked like nothing happened.

    Finally, the first and fourth children returned to Xiao's yard, and saw Zhang Guifen and Xiao Shanhe sitting beside the stone table in the yard picking vegetables.

    Seeing Shen Huanxi coming back, Zhang Guifen stood up.

    "I'm back, how are things going?"

    "It's going well, the letter of introduction is all ready, what does the elementary school say?" Shen Huanxi said, looking at Xiao Shanhe.

    "If you have a registered permanent residence, you can just register. In recent years, because of family planning, it is difficult to recruit students, so there are not so many requirements."

    "

    Understood." Zhang Guifen felt relieved, and walked towards Shen Huanxi and the others.

    "I'll help you."

    "No need, mother, just a little something, a few children can carry it, you continue to work, I bought snacks, we will eat together later."

    "Oh, I also bought snacks, that's fine, Children, help your mother." Zhang Guifen urged.

    Shen Huanxi smiled and carried things into the kitchen, followed by the four children, Xiao Yutang said in a low voice, "She is not my mother", Shen Huanxi pretended not to hear.

    After going to the kitchen to put things away, Shen Huanxi found a box-sized bamboo basket that was usually used to hold steamed buns, put out some snacks, and asked the children to take them to the yard to eat with Xiao Shanhe and Zhang Guifen.

    She went to boil water, and the newly bought thermos had to be soaked in hot water before it could be used. Xiao Yutang didn't go out with his younger siblings, but stayed behind.

    "You're pretending, just like what Aunt Wei and the others said just now, right?" Xiao Yutang was also a straightforward person, and asked right away.

    Shen Huanxi: "..."

    "No."

    "Then you want to buy us? Because you want to live in our house and don't want to be targeted, so you bought us, right?"

    "...I just fulfilled my responsibility as a parent, You can't just sit and watch the children in the family always have stomachaches and didn't drink hot water in time, right? Stepchildren are also children."

    "It's up to you. Anyway, you can't compare to my mother. My mother is a college student, and you are a high school student. She is better than you..."