Chapter 25: "Back to school"

It was now Wednesday and we started getting ready for school, it was the first day after the holidays. I got dressed and went to the bathroom where I heard her cursing.

-“Fucking piece of shit” She threw the beauty blender in the sink.

-“Baby, what’s wrong?” I hugged her

-“I can’t cover the bruise, and it hurts if I put pressure on it” I took the beauty blender and added some more makeup to it, I slowly patted on the bruise and it got somewhat covered.

-“How is it?”

-“Better” she smiled

-“It’s not completely covered but you have to come close to see it.”

-“Thank you” she pecked my lips.

She got dressed and I fixed my hair. I wore my new leather jacket and my helmet and we went to school with her bike, she left me a few blocks away and I walked to school.

When I got there I immediately went to Izzy, I missed her.

-“Cam” she yelled and hugged me

-“Iz, I missed you”

-“I missed you too, we came back yesterday”

-“How was Italy?”

-“Holy shit it was amazing” I chuckled “Did you do anything this year?”

-“Nope” she gave me a sad smile and I rolled my eyes.

-“New helmet and jacket?”

-“Maybe”

-“Damn girl they are sick” She eyed me and her jaw dropped “WTF ARE YOU WEARING DUDE, WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE?”

-“They were a gift”

-“Who the fuck gifted you a pair of aj 1’s Dior?” She squealed and I laughed and shrugged.

-“You didn’t spend Christmas alone, did you? Who’s the mysterious person? Did you get a girlfriend?”

-“Maybe I didn’t, and maybe I got a girlfriend”

-“Holy shit can I meet her? Is she pretty?”

-“Not yet, and yes she’s beautiful and kind and caring”

-“Damn Cam, I’m happy for you, you deserve it”

-“Thanks, Iz”

We went on with our day, I was excused from PE because of my hand.

-“Is it getting better kiddo?”

-“Yep, it doesn’t hurt as much”

We didn’t say anything else during the class. Izzy, Ed and I made our way to English. She was at the door greeting her students, which caught us by surprise because she never did that.

We sat at our usual seats and she started the lesson, it was okay, but I couldn’t take my eyes off her, she was gorgeous.

-“Bro, stop looking at her like that” Ed nudged my arm

-“Like what?”

-“Like she’s a snack and you are a hungry squirrel” I chuckled and she turned and looked at us, I gave her an apologetic look.

-“Mr. Brown, please keep quiet and pay attention” her tone was strict.

She went around the classroom passing a worksheet, as she gave me mine our fingers brushed, and her mouth curved up a little. I took a better look at her, her makeup has faded and the bruise was now more visible, her knuckles were still bruised as well, which seemed to catch my friends’ attention. She went back to her seat and we started working on what she gave us.

-“Bro, did you see that?” Izzy asked

-“Looks like Ms. Bitchy finally fought someone” Ed chuckled and I looked down.

-“Doesn’t surprise me” Izzy added and I was starting to get annoyed.

-“Maybe there was a reason” I tried to defend her.

-“Or maybe she’s just a bitch” Ed said and she gave him a sharp look, she has heard everything.

-“Something you want to share with the class Mr. Brown?”

-“No Ms.”

-“Are you sure, because it seems important and you weren’t exactly whispering, so I assume you want to be heard”

-“Uhm no, it’s ok, I’m sorry for disrupting the class”

-“No, I’d love to hear your opinion on me Mr. Brown” She smirked and at this point, he had turned red from embarrassment.

-“I’m sorry Ms. Miller”

-“Apology not accepted, stay after class”

We went back to our worksheet and I could tell she was beyond pissed off. The bell rang and everyone run out of the door except from Ed, Izzy and me.

She stood in front of Ed’s desk and he looked down. She waited for him to say something.

-“I’m sorry Ms. Miller, I shouldn’t have called you that, it wasn’t right of me” He mumbled and we all knew he didn’t mean it.

-“At least next time at least try to sound sincere. I know you all think I’m an evil bitch, but you could at least try and whisper or even better, not talk about it in my class” She didn’t sound angry, more like sad.

They both looked at her expecting her to continue.

-“I will let you walk away with a warning, but next time think before you speak  you never know how your words affect someone”

-“Thank you Ms. Miller, and I’m sorry, I didn’t really think before saying it” Izzy apologized and Dani nodded.

-“Yeah, I know, it’s my nickname” she smiled a little.

They got up to leave but Izzy stayed behind with me while Ed run out.

-“I meant it when I said I’m sorry”

-“I know Isabella, it’s fine” she gave her a sad smile.

-“So may I ask who did you fight?” I gotta admit it, Izzy is bold.

-“None of your business Ms. Evans, and I didn’t fight anyone”

-“I was just curious, plus it’s obvious you fought with someone Ms.”

-“Maybe I did, but still, it’s none of your business”

-“Ok, sorry, Cam let’s go”

She started walking away but I didn’t have my bike with me and Dani was my ride.

-“Are you coming?” Izzy asked and I looked at Dani who shrugged.

-“No, I need to talk to Ms. Miller about the homework I missed when I was in the hospital.”

I waited for her and we went home.

I stayed a couple of days with her and then I went back to my house, I liked spending time with her but I wanted to also give her some time and space. Things were going smoothly between us, although I could sense she was holding back sometimes.

A/N: If you are enjoying the story don't forget to upvote