EPILOGUE

--Aurora POV--

The wedding bells chimed, and with their chimes my heart thumped a beat faster as I paced back and forth in the spacious room, Petra following me with an automatic fan in her hand to prevent my nervous sweat from completely ruining me.

"Calm down will you, what are you so nervous about anyway?" She asked.

"What do you think, Petra? I'm getting married! It's my wedding day! What if something goes wrong? What if I stumble on the aisle and make a fool of myself, Gio will be so disappointed he'll cancel the wedding. Or what if-"

"Are you listening to yourself right now? If you keep thinking like that then you'll end up fainting, and then the wedding really will be cancelled,"

"You're not helping," I grumbled, going to sit down on the bed as she came to sit beside me, a small smile on her face as she handed me the fan which I gratefully took.

"But, you're right. I've thoroughly been planning for this day for the last few months, and if something does go wrong, as long as Gio and I are able to say are vows by the end of it, then it's all fine." I will marry that man in a heartbeat, no need for any lavish receptions, perfect wedding dresses, or even a guest list. All we needed was a priest and each other.

With those thoughts calming me down, I took one deep breath, nodding to myself in encouragement before standing up and going to stand in front of the large mirror, looking my reflection over.

I wore a blush-coloured wedding dress, a beautiful dress that my future mother-in-law and mama helped me pick out. With a deep A-line bodice, and short off-the-shoulder sleeves, small white flowers were embroidered all over the dress, starting heavy at the top before fading away further along the skirt which dragged behind me in a long trail.

My blonde hair was done in a low bun, strands left undone to frame my face with white flowers, the same as the ones on my dress, scattered over my bun while a crystal tiara sat atop my head, and my veil was firmly pinned under my bun, following the trail of my dress.

As for my make-up, it was done simply yet elegantly with some sparkly eye shadow and pink lips which accentuated my beauty rather than adding anything too dramatic on top, just the way I liked it.

Petra scurried around me, fixing up the little bits of myself that became undone in the time that I had been fretting over all the possible mishaps that could take place today.

"There, now we're ready," She sighed, relieved, spraying a few pumps of perfume around me. Mama's latest perfume from her company, Luxurian, which hasn't been released to the world yet; She called it Symphony, and it was, without a doubt, possibly my favourite perfume that she's created.

"Are we calm and composed now?" She laughed out as I rolled my eyes, a smile playing at my lips, but nevertheless, I went to nod my head.

"Wait, Petra, where's my bouquet-"

"-Right here, before you go freaking out again," She quickly went to pick up my waiting bouquet, a drooping bouquet with some peonies scattered around, before handing it to me which I gratefully took, now composing myself for real this time.

Just in time as someone knocked on the door, and I turned to see someone unexpected entering the room, blinking away my surprise as I greeted him with a smile.

"I didn't think you would come,"

"Over everything that's happened between us, I can't help but be happy for you today," He smiled a small broken smile as he closed the door behind him, stepping forward to come and lightly kiss my cheek.