Chapter One

Chapter One

Fahayra gets her makeup done by her makeup artist when she gets a phone call from Joe. She ignores the call. Joe calls several more times and she doesn't answer. Fahayra placed the phone on Do Not Disturb while he waited for her to call him.

Lately, Joe has become more possessive over her and it's starting to get annoying to her because she doesn't like being controlled. He always wants her to check in with him or call him several times a day.

"Girl, he's been blowing up your phone since I got here, are you mad at him or something?" Her makeup artist asked Fahayra.

"No, I just don't want to talk to him," Fahayra answered.

She had bigger things to worry about like the party happening downstairs in her house to celebrate the anniversary of her cosmetic company.

Her cosmetic company, Go Naked Cosmetic has been in business for over fifteen years and it has grown from perfume and eau de cologne to makeup cosmetics to skin care cosmetics to hair care products.

It has made her a very rich woman that she was able to take a step back from her first career, wrestling, and pursue other things like acting and music.

After her make-up is done. "Thank you, girl, go downstairs and enjoy yourself," Fahayra told her makeup artist before she got dressed and looked at herself in the mirror before deciding it was time to go downstairs.

Fahayra walks downstairs greeting her guest. A waiter hands a glass of wine. Fahayra thanks the waiter and holds the glass of wine in her hand. Her sister Seema comes inside the house with her husband, Brock.

"Hey, Fahayra," Seema said.

"Hey Seema, Brock, how are you guys? I'm happy you both could make it." Fahayra said before looking at Brock. "I know this ain't your scene, Brock so I have den set up with your favorites," Fahayra told him.

Brock smiled.

"This is why you're my favorite sister-in-law," Brock said before hugging Fahayra and then heading for the den to get away from the party. He probably won't come back until later in the party.

"Thank you for inviting us," Seema said as she hugged her. "You look so good. How are you?" She asked her sister.

"I'm great, how's the kids?" Fahayra asked her as she led her to the bar.

"They're good," Seema answered as she placed an order for a rum and coke drink. "So, is Kandi coming tonight?" She asked Fahayra.

Another pain in Fahayra's ass is her older sister, Kandi, who has been acting like a bitter bully towards Fahayra lately. As much as Fahayra didn't want to be invited to her party. She knew she had to or else she would never hear the end of it from her family and Kandi.

"You know Kandi doesn't miss a party," Fahayra answered.

Seema chuckled.

"She sure doesn't," Seema said.

Thairys and her husband, Dallas walk into the house. They spot Seema and Fahayra by the bar and walk over to greet them.

"Hello, ladies," Thairys said, announcing their presence.

Seema and Fahayra looked over at them and smiled.

"Hello, Vandeross," Seema said as she hugged Thairys and then Dallas.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming," Fahayra said, hugging them before telling Dallas that Brock was in the den.

Like Brock, Dallas is not a big fan of parties so he immediately went to the den without interacting with anyone else.

"Your men are something else," Fahayra said.

Seema and Thairys laugh as they know their men are very antisocial towards parties if it isn't for them.

"Speaking of men, where is your man?" Thairys asked Fahayra.

"I don't have a man," Fahayra answered, rolling her eyes.

"You need to let us set you up with someone," Seema said.

Thairys nods her head in agreement.

"It must be lonely in this big house with only your kids and no man, Fahayra," Thairys said.

Fahayra shakes her head.

"Trust me, I'm good," Fahayra said.

Kandi and Joshua with Trinity, Jonathan, Joseph, Almia, Catya, and Aaron walk inside the house. They walk up to the ladies greeting each of them.

"Congratulations on fifteen years!" Catya exclaimed as she hugged her sister.

"Thank you, Cat," Fahayra said.

"Here's to a hundred years!" Kandi said as she grabbed a glass of wine off a tray.

Everyone cheers.

"Thank you all for coming," Fahayra said.

Fahayra excuses herself to make her rounds around the house and mingle with her guests when she spots Joe and Galina walking into her house. She rolls her eyes as she watches Joe with a goofy smirk on his face make his way to her with Galina.

"Hey, Fahayra," Joe said.

Fahayra gives them the most fake smile she could and greets them.

"Hey, Joe, and Galina, I'm surprised to see you both here," Fahayra said as she gave them both a side hug.

"We wouldn't miss a party thrown by you," Galina said.

Fahayra nods.

"Well, thank you for coming, enjoy yourself, the others are inside," Fahayra said, ready to get away from the couple.

"What's the rush? We want to mingle with the hostess, the woman of the hour," Joe said.

Fahayra wanted to throw her drink in his face.

"Joe, let's go say hi to the others," Galina suggested.

"Have fun, I have important people to speak to," Fahayra said as she sipped her drink, walking away.

"Damn, what's her problem?" Galina asked Joe.

"Must be her time of the month," Joe replied.