Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Joe stormed through the house ignoring Galina, Trinity, and Jon who were waiting for him to get ready for their double date, his mood soured from an argument with Fahayra over the phone.

Joe wanted her home immediately after seeing some of the things that she was posting on her Instagram story during her trip to Miami.

Fahayra was acting like a single woman in Miami and he didn't like it. She had blocked him after their last explosive phone call, leaving him in a bad mood.

"Does he not see us here waiting on him?" Jon asked the ladies.

Trinity looked confused as Joe slammed his office door closed so loud that the neighborhood could hear it.

"He's been in a mood for the last few days. I have no idea what's going on with him," Galina told the couple.

"Is it work?" Trinity asked Galina.

Galina shrugged.

"I don't know. I hope not," Galina answered.

Galina knew that wasn't work that had Joe so upset but another woman. It had to be another woman. She had a feeling but she couldn't prove it just yet.

"Joe! Uce, come on, man," Jon called out.

Galina got up and went to Joe's office to get him but she found his door locked.

"Joe," Galina said, knocking on the door.

"I have a headache, I'm not going out," Joe called out from the other side of the door.

Galina groaned.

"Okay, I'll bring some food then," Galina said.

Galina walks back into the living room and lets Jon and Trinity know that Joe won't be joining them. They left the house and went out to eat while Joe pulled out his second phone and called Fahayra.

"Hello?" Fahayra answered the unknown number.

"Fahayra, stop fucking playing with me and bring your ass home," Joe growled into the phone.

Fahayra kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"You're not my man, Joe, I'm just your little trophy, let me live," Fahayra said.

Joe could tell she was drunk.

"What the fuck are you doing drinking? You know how you get when you're drunk, Fahayra," Joe said.

"Man, fuck you, go be with your wife and leave me alone, Leati, all these years I've wasted on you, I just want my freedom from you. I can't do this anymore. I can't be your peace when you're not even my peace," Fahayra said.

"Fahayra, baby you don't mean that," Joe said.

"Yes, I do. I'm tired, Joe, aren't you tired of this? Isn't it enough? Why are you holding onto me?" Fahayra asked him.

"Because I love you," Joe answered.

"No, you don't!" Fahayra exclaimed.

"Yes, I do. I love you, you're the only one for me. I'm just staying with her for the kids," Joe told her.

Fahayra let out a bitter chuckle.

"And what about our kids, huh? Are you not tired of being a part time father to them? When are you going to grow some balls and do the right thing? I can't keep waiting, Joe, you've taken more than enough of my years, please let me go if you're not going to leave her," Fahayra said.

Joe sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was torn. He couldn't lose Fahayra but he knows if he left Galina there would be consequences.

"Fahayra, please," Joe said, trying to reason with her.

"That's exactly what I thought. Goodbye, Joe," Fahayra said, ending the phone call.

Joe knocked some things off his desk.

"Fuck!" He shouted.