Chapter 20: I Am Your Problem

By the time Firefly returned to base, everyone had returned from their separate missions. She noticed with a frown that Miko had returned, and the girl was excitedly explaing her mission to Jack and Raf.

"-Starscream found me, but before he could do anything, I lunged for the Apex armour and transformed into Miko the Destroyer! You should have seen their faces as I pounded them into the ground!"

Raf looked over and noticed Firefly. He paled.

"Haha!" Miko pumped her fist, "If only Mrs. Hillbury could see me now!"

"She would probably still put you into detention." Jack stated.

Firefly waited until Miko took a breath and then the Zentaric cleared her throat loudly. Miko turned around and grinned, "Haaayy! Guess what happened–"

"To my sword?" Firefly interrupted.

Miko smiled nervously, "I could guess, but I probably won't be right."

"Mm." Firefly tapped her chin, and then, before the human girl could react, she had picked Miko up by the shirt and carried her over to the railing.

"AHHHHH!" Miko screeched, "BULKHEAD, HELP! FIREFLY IS GOING TO SPLAT ME!"

The bots all looked over and Firefly tossed Miko off the side of the 50 ft drop. Miko screamed all the way down before hitting the concrete with a sickening crack. The room went silent with shock and horror.

"Firefly! Firefly!" Miko snapped in her face, "Earth to Lady Firefly!"

"Shut up." Firefly swatted the girl's hand away, "Just don't ever touch my sword again, or I'll throw you over the side of the railing."

Miko rolled her eyes, "As if that could kill me. I'm a total wrecker now."

"Practice and experience far outweight the benefits of size and strength, Miko." Firefly frowned, "The Apex armour is invincible, but you are not."

"But I am when I'm inside of it." Miko snorted.

Firefly scoffed, "You wouldn't be saying that if the Decepticons knocked you in a hole and you had no food or water. Or if they simply tossed you into the ocean, or an ice landscape."

"I have skill!" Miko exclaimed, "I wouldn't get in such a stupid situation. I'm Miko Nakadai, not Superman."

She huffed and stomped off, clearly annoyed by Firefly's lack of support.

Firefly looked at Jack and Raf in confusion, "I never said she was a man."

"Earth thing." Both of them replied before turning around.

"Optimus!"

Firefly turned her attention to Ratchet as the medic whirled around, his optics wide, "The Nemesis just landed and removed it's cloaking systems."

Her brows furrowed and Firefly walked to the railing as the Autobots perked up.

"It's a trap." Arcee immediately decided.

"Or something went wrong again, like the time dark energon got into their systems." Bulkhead suggested.

"No, it's definitely a trap." Bumblebee crossed his arms.

Optimus held up his servo, "Whatever the cause, it warrants investigation. Ratchet, contact Agent Fowler so that he can evacuate the area."

Fowler snorted from where he was standing by his office door, "Did you forget, Prime, that we share the same base now?"

"Uh..."

The agent turned away and made a call, leaving Optimus to deal with his bots. The Prime gladly did so.