Part 12

"Sapphire!" She coughs at the force of Alice slamming into her wrapping her arms around her back. "I am so sorry for not seeing the wife's plan. Please forgive me."

'It is alright mom.' During her walk, she began to be furious her mother did not see the wife's plan but after her statement, she forgives her. Sometimes the future is shrouded in mist and her mom is lost in that mist until the image clears up and it is late to warn anyone about it.

"come inside." She does hear cars driving toward them. Glaring at the air, she walks in the living room and hugs her family. Emmett does not let go of her and keeps her in a long hug which she stays in.

"Sapphire." she closes her eyes not looking at Aro walking in. "Please let us explain."

'There is nothing to explain. You had the perfect time and moment to tell me but you did not. You kept me at a distance. Do you honestly think I am so naive I wouldn't feel hurt?' Sapphire speaks in everyone's mind so nobody is left out on hearing the anger in her tone.

"Sapphire, we divorced the wives the moment we met you. We only married because-"

'Save it. You are just using excuses.' The kings flinch as their bond weakens to a faint glow and to a thin string. Marcus fears it snapping and the real pain to hit them. 'Just go. I need time to think and I suggest you think hard about what you boys want. What I am to you. A toy or a mate.'

Caius reaches his hand out but Rosalie steps in the way glaring at the king. Aro tugs his brothers back knowing their mate needs the time to think. Pushing will only lead their bond to break and they cannot risk that happening.

"We will always be a call away if you need us," Marcus assures the girl walking out of the house. The guard bows their heads in sympathy. they kept their queen at a distance to keep her happy and yet it became the complete opposite. They are losing her trust.

Sapphire clenches her eyes shut as the cars leave and she can finally cry out. Emmett's arms wrap more around her and she feels Rosalie join the hug. Hot tears stream down and her crying lasts half an hour. 

'Carlisle, please tell Jake that I need to be alone for a while.' Sapphire knows Jacob and Leah followed the kings but they did not leave. she looked into their mind's eyes of them staring at her from the front yard.

"Jake, Leah, she needs some time alone. She will forgive you in due time."

"We will be in La Push."Sapphire turns her head further on Emmett's chest trying to block her ears from listening to his voice. Jake does not deserve the cold shoulder but she just wants to be alone.

Once they all leave, Sapphire heads up to her room closing the door softly. Walking to her window, she looks up at the treetops. The morning sun rose above and illuminated the world but sadly not her heart. She does not know what to feel or what to think. She never fell in love before so she is lost.

"Hey sweetie," looking over at her mother she gives her a small smile. "I know it does hurt but you are their mate."

"What does mate mean to them?" Sapphire is not mute it seems. She just did not pick up on speaking until she tried saying hi with her voice in Italy. It took some moments for her to develop her voice and she made sure the kings nor Jacob would hear her. Alice is the only person to know and Sapphire knows Edward heard. He does not have a filter for reading people's thoughts.

"A mate is precious. Special and that is what you are to them. They never had a mate so they wouldn't know how to act. The only thing they are acting on is with the bond and their instincts." Alice sits on the window sill with her daughter.

"Could I ever forgive them?" Sapphire asks hugging her arms around herself.

"If you love them and want to be with them then you will." Alice reaches over and touches her hand. "Do what makes you happy."

Her mother's words reassured her and removed some of the pain in her chest. She leaves and allows Sapphire to think. The kings have not done anything terrible. They did say they divorced the wives and with how long Carlisle told her they lived, she can't blame them for picking up a gal to spend time with. She could be overreacting but she is still young. Hell, she isn't even five years old yet and she looks like a teenager. Her kind is a strange creature. 

Sapphire knows how she cannot live life with this pain and she knows if she gives them a chance and they break it, it will hurt worse. Life will never be without going through plenty of emotions and feelings. She is half vampire, she can make it through pain like it is a paper cut.

Nodding, she gets up and heads downstairs to spend time with her family. She will allow the kings to make up for their mistakes. She just hopes she will take them back when they do come for her. Smiling at her family, she sits down on the couch behind her father sitting on the floor and watching him beat Emmett in a video game. 

A figure in the woods turns her gaze and finds Jake looking at her. How long has he been standing there? She gives him a smile reassuring him she is fine. He smiles back and disappears into the woods. One thought does hit her making fear swirl in her chest. 

What if he heard her speak with her voice?