Chapter Twenty Six

Drea still stands slightly hunched in front of me. Her fingers are still wrapped tightly around the other, turning purple by now.

"Okay, Drea." I sigh, sounding defeated but feeling the opposite. My feet carry me to stand mere inches from her, close enough to grab her fingers, "Give your hands a break, first of all."

I'm not sure if it's my words or my tone, but she also realizes a sigh, but hers is one of relief. She pulls her hand away and replaces it with a hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or anyone, I just wanted you to be okay again." She assures, squeezing me harder than her purple index finger.

All at once, my body droops. Not the usual sad, anxious, loopy droop, but the comfortable, relieved droop.

The weight that's removed from my shoulders this time is one that snuck up on me. One that I really didn't know I had before. I feel as if I can relax for just a second.

But that second slips away from me with Drea's retreating hug. I want to pull her back in just for the comfort, but I resist.

"It's all okay now." I say with a reassuring smile. Now that the tension has left the room, I wipe the blackened tear streak to no avail. She must have cried long before she came here.

I lick my thumb and try again, this time successful in the removal.

"Did you just put your spit on my face?" She questions, more humored by it than disgusted.

"Don't give me that, you've thrown up in my mouth before. I think you can handle a wee bit of my DNA on your cheek." I roll my eyes, "As a matter of fact..."

With my next words, I stick my tongue out and lean in, scoring a solid lick before dodging her hands swatting me away.

"No way you just licked me. No way." The moment she repeats her words, I see the devilish look growing more prominent in her features,

A slight smirk rests on her lips as she approaches me with raised hands.

She's going in for a tickle attack.

I take cover, diving under my bed sheets and wrapping myself like a burrito. Now I'm covered, but immobile and defenseless.

I squirm on the bed, trying to free myself from my own stupidity as she approaches.

I lie on my back as she takes the last step to loom over me, "You make this so easy."

With that being said, she leans down and licks my exposed face from my jawline all the way up to my temple area.

I gasp dramatically, "You play dirty, that wasn't fair at all."

She only props a hip and crosses her arms.

"Help meee." I squeal, still struggling.

"You got yourself in this mess, you can't get out of it." She says, turning around and walking toward the door, "Gonna pee."

"No no, don't you leave me like this." I say, squirming more. It was fun at first but now I'm getting a bit too hot for my liking.

Perhaps hearing the panic in my voice, or maybe she's just planned on freeing me anyway, her steps back to me are light and she's quick to flip me over and untuck the covers from the arm that got stuck.

With her positioned over me, I grin, "This is usually the part I skip to."

I expect her to laugh and slap my hand for the dirty joke but she just smiles softly and stands without a word.

"Are you okay?" I ask, sitting up and shifting onto my knees.

"Yea," her back is still turned away from me, "I think I should get going."