Chapter 11 | A New Place to Live

March 28th, 2013

March 28th, 2013

Riot's Den

"Good morning!"

Dirt fell from the ceiling of the den. Tree roots caught the majority of the dust, though some landed on the sleeping lump inside.

Knuckles racked against a root annoyingly. The large mound inside the depths of the den shifted groggily, though settled soon after.

"Riot?" That baritone voice came back.

A bright light shone into the dark den. Her face scrunched up at the blinding light before rolling over toward the back of the den. Beneath her was a thick stack of fabric, along with a dirty wool blanket atop of her.
Her den had small hand-made cabinets with possessions stashed inside and tools resting beside them. A deep frown etched the corner of her lips down as her nose scrunched up. "Go away." She muttered in a deep morning voice.

A sigh sounded, followed by shuffling before the blanket that covered her was yanked off.

She groaned loudly. "Piss off..." She dismissively waved in the direction of Cronus.

"I can't let you sleep another second in this dirty hole." He said from the den's entrance, "It bothers me to no end."

She curled her legs into her chest, "That's nice." She muttered as she attempted to fall back asleep. The fabric under her began tugging a little bit, but she didn't mind it. It was probably another attempt to bother her until she got up.
"Let's go sleeping beauty." Tickled her ear. She released a gasp, and her eyes shot open. Riot only saw the leaves from the tree that held her den together. What the hell! Cronus had dragged her bedding until both it and the sleeping wolf on it were outside.

She swatted frantically at his face as he chuckled, grinning down at her while dodging her hand. Riot rolled over and nuzzled her nose into the old quilts beneath her until she was comfortable.

Cronus didn't say anything. All she could hear was his footsteps disappearing from her small territory.

Excellent. She could return to her slumber.

"Guess we're doing this the hard way."

Two strong arms slipped under her form and raised her. Riot groaned with her arms uselessly hanging over his arm. "You're so fucking annoying." She muttered, though his chuckle told her he heard it.
Tingling sensations spread throughout her entire body. Every point of contact she had with him on her skin felt like a feather tickling her.  Her long messy white hair draped on either side of her face, directed at the ground.

She squeezed her eyes shut. Cronus hummed, "You're easier to manage when you're groggy." He commented. Riot hummed in response, though she wasn't listening. They began walking.