This is my destiny!!

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

ASTORIA'S POV:

Uncle David entered and I was pretty scared and held Noah's hand. "Hey it's okay, he isn't gonna harm you. Tom might not have told you this but he was the one who begged your aunt to spare your life. I'll be right here, so don't worry." Saying that he went and sat near the couch.

Really? He saved my life? I can't believe it. All these years, I thought he was the bad person. To be honest, now that I think of it, he never abused me physically and he used to scold me only during the presence of my aunt. Shit.

"Hey, sweetheart, it's been years since I've talked to you like this. Whenever I wanted to talk to you, your aunt never allowed me and always tortured me.

She never let me be happy and always threw all her work to me so that I could never get time to talk to you, and she had a watch over me most of the times. So that's why I could neither call you nor meet you so-" He said and I interrupted.

"So you started sending me the notes, didn't you? 'Sweetheart.' The same word in all the notes and you used it right now. Wasn't it you sending the notes all this time?" I asked with tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes, it was me. I wanted to help you get her caught and talk to you in some way, so that is why I started sending the notes. Remember when I kept the note in your bedroom saying that I'll take care of the guards and you can go and meet with Tom?

At that time I tried my best to divert them but your aunt forcefully sent them to check up on you and searched for you everywhere until you were found in the Cafe. So that's why I couldn't help you at that time." He said.

"Thank you so much uncle David for all this help." I sincerely thanked him.

"Oh don't thank me, I promised your father that I'll always take care of you whenever he is away which i didn't fulfill completely. After you were born, I always wanted to play with you like you are my own daughter, holding you in my hands.

You know, you used to play with me more than your father when you were very small, but after a while I married Marie and all these things happened and I couldn't take care of you properly which I regret a lot." He expressed sadly.

"It's okay uncle David, you can do that now, so can I adopt you as my father?" I asked.

His face instantly lit up. He was so happy and delighted. "I would love to hear that word from you, Sweetheart. He said and hugged me and even I did the same.

"Yo guys what about me. Father, did you abandon me already?" We could hear Julie entering the scene. When did she even come in?
"Astoria, do you know who this little brat is?" Uncle David asked looking at me, winking. I understood the assignment.
"I don't know dad, maybe some girl who ran from mental asylum." I said continuing his joke.