He's crazy, and I'm out of my mind. |3|

What is a goddess's reaction when presented with an unexpected situation? Apparently, it's run

What is a goddess's reaction when presented with an unexpected situation? Apparently, it's run. I'm not proud of myself as my feet pound against the pavement, and sheer panic fuels my veins. My heart beat in my ears as I desperately clutch the bag of sweets in my hand.   

I'm a freaking goddess, a minor goddess whose kind hasn't been worshipped in centuries, but a goddess nonetheless. I should have more backbone than this.

As I quickly approach my home, I slow, trusting I wasn't followed and can make it safely inside. What sane person chases the person down that tried to sink an arrow into their chest just hours before?

The guy probably took off running in the opposite direction.

I probably look like an idiot running from nothing. I barely turn my head to make sure I'm not being followed when I'm slammed into, and the ground falls out from beneath my feet.

An oof from my attacker sounds out before I am crushed between the pavement and his hard, heavy body.

I expect my head to bounce off the pavement, but something places itself between me and the ground, cushioning the fall. It takes me a moment to register what's going on as I blink up at the stars.

That is until a face carved by the angels blocks my view. Then, a smile and a relieved chuckle escapes his lips. "You're real."

"And you're heavy," I groan, trying to roll my way from beneath him. "Get off me."

"Not a chance in hell. I'm not giving you a chance to disappear again before I figure out what the hell you are." He shifts one arm up, making me realize the other is barricading my head against the concrete.

I shove against his chest, but he doesn't move. I can't help but notice that there is a sculpted chest hiding under that dress shirt.  Whoever the girl was that he was meant to be with is one lucky chick.  

Get a hold of yourself, Calli

I'm about to tell him to get the hell off me again when I hear a gasp from the top of the steps.

"Calli." I look up to see Mr. and Mrs. Dinkle from one-D with their little, fluffy dog Molly standing just outside the front door. Mrs. Dinkle shakes her head, showing her disapproval. "Out here on the sidewalk, really?"

"What?" I look around, realizing I'm now spread eagle after all my squirming with him pinned on top of me, looking more like two people caught in an intimate moment than the cupid capture that happened. "No, no, no." I try to defend myself as the couple skirts around us, sending us judging looks I'll probably never live down, before disappearing around the corner.

"Get off!" I demand, beating on his chest.

"I saw you miss me and shoot a woman in the chest. She didn't die but went completely insane right before you flew out of a restaurant like a bat out of hell. I'm not leaving until I get answers, and I'm not letting go, so you can't disappear like you did outside of the restaurant." Mr. Son's eyes are crazed with desperation as he pins down one of my hands with his free arm, making this already compromising situation look worse.