It Was You |8|

Timber

Timber.

The blonde hair bimbo actually found him.

Her overly large smile falters when she notices his arm around me. What's worse is I know what's going on inside. The golden arrow is twisting squeeze her heart. Some feel pain and heartbreak, but with a heart like hers, it's juicing bitterness into her soul.

"Who is she?" She bites. The look of disdain on her face says she wants me to drop through the floor and disappear out of sight.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to explain who I am to Kiki. A date? That's not going to ward her off.

"My girlfriend," Kiki answers and wraps his arm tighter around my waist.

That would not be the excuse I'd go with.

Timber's brows knit together as a confused scowl deepens the wrinkle in the middle of her forehead. "You have a girlfriend? Then why would you go to a speed dating event?"

And that's why.

"We broke up." His attention turns to me as he weaves his story. "I went on the speed database thing to try and get over but realized I'm a fucking idiot for leaving her and begged her to take me back."

His eyes glisten as he looks at me. The loving gaze he gives me is so real his lie almost convinces me. I'm shocked at how quickly his emotions and story changed. He had such conviction in his voice that I almost feel like we broke up and got back together, or it's just wishful thinking.

Timber scoffs, tucking her arms under her chest. "You two can't be too in love if you just tossed it away so easily." She looks at me pointedly, like I'm the one that dumped him.

"Excuse me?" I asked as a fire builds up in my chest. Should I let it bother me? No, but it does.

"You heard me." Timber gives a sassy wave of her chin.

The audacity of this chick.

My temper starts to rise like a boiling volcano, and I had to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Kiki deserves a lot better than you," she sneers and gains the attention of a few people around us.

"And you know that how?" I chuckle as I stand a little taller. "You know him all over what? Ten minuets come paired to our-" I pause, trying to think of a timeline to give for this fake relationship.

"Three years, babe." Kiki scratches just under his nose to hide a smirk from Timber.

"I know," I huff. "I was just trying to decide whether the year before we started dating counts or not."

Kiki rubs the small of my back, killing the fire inside with soft, soothing circles. "It doesn't matter," Kiki reassures me. "We've been together now, and that's all that matters." He turns his attention back to Timber and nods. "Have a nice night."