twenty - night at the lake

Bye, I need to get on with the actual Michael x reader so take this fat timeskip🧍‍♀️.

June 21st 1983.

The weather is literally perfect around this time of year, its bright and sunny, the grass is thick and green and its absolutely the best temperature to be wearing shorts and a top.

School had just ended a couple days ago and now its summer break meaning even more time to hang out with friends, stay up past midnight at parties, go lying in the sun without anyone judging you and doing whatever shit you want without your parents knowing.

Well in my case, my grandmother.

It's actually mental how quickly school passed, there wasn't even much going on in the first place. I hung out with Michael only a few times during the span of this month, I was more out with Terry and grandma than him because Michael had went back to his previous friend group and undoing practically everything I had advised to him.

Well that's his choice I guess, I can't control him. He can make whatever choices he wants, I'm not in charge.

But the thing is, I haven't been able to get Michael out of my mind. Not even a bit. The more I hang around him, the more permanent the thought of him gets engraved in my brain.

It's becoming a bit sickening and I'm not sure why. Is it in a good way or a bad way?

I don't exactly hate thinking about him, it's just becoming really... distracting, to the point where my head snaps round whenever I hear his name. This is not good because this is exactly how I acted when I got with Jeremy, maybe even a bit worse.

But Michael is nothing like Jeremy, he's proven it to me several times. He's proven it in a lot of different ways as well.

Not only how he acts around but how he acts around others. He isn't exactly ashamed of calling me his friend around others at school, mainly because he's got a lot of power at school. I'm pretty convinced no one can overpower him at this point. Unless we talk about his father, he seems really cautious about him and it just irritates me not to know more.

The one main thing is that I never knew that his bitchy behaviour wasn't actually influenced by his friends. He's a real prick to people sometimes he doesn't like but is sweet to people he doesn't hate, like me. I think it's just how his personality is and now I've been able to get used to it.

What lately has been catching my eye is his looks and its really starting to piss me off because there's no way I can be falling for someone who bullied me and Terry for a month straight, only showers like once a week and has like a new girlfriend every hour. He's a bit mad if you ask me, but in a good, cool way.

I'm trying my absolute hardest to ignore all these feelings with absolutely anything that comes across me because I really do not want a repeat of Jeremy. I don't think I can handle all of that torture all over again.

To be honest, I don't think I even know what I want to do in the first place. This town is pretty dull so it's just doing the same thing over and over again but mom sent in some money to me B/N to 'treat us'. I'm pretty sure it's just her trying to persuade us into not hating her.

Well its summer after all, there should be plenty to do, I just have to go find it.

---

I was flicking through a seventeen magazine, just lying on my bed, enjoying a freezing cold can of cranberry punch.

I hadn't exactly done much today. Grandma had a couple of her old lady friends who looked like they owned a knitting club over for a cup of tea outside in the garden. I was just basically their waiter, running in and out of the house handing them the packet of cookies and a cold towel because they were getting too hot in this 'forty degree weather'. Hurricane didn't even get that hot, I'm pretty sure it didn't pass thirty degrees.