Chapter 24

Gage's POV

"Alpha, we have finished all the calls you told us to make. No one has seen her." Xander tells me. He is my beta and close friend. He took the news about my mate very seriously, as he should have.

"Were you suspicious of any?" I ask, clenching my fists. I also have finished all the calls I needed to make to Alphas around the country. So far I've had no luck.

"There was one." He says.

My attention snaps to him. "Well, what was it?"

He takes a seat in a chair across from my desk. "There was one Alpha, Alpha Andrew, who seemed a little possessive and asked me why I was looking for her."

My chest pounded. "Where is he?"

"In Louisiana, the Silver Moon pack." He said.

My eyes widened. How is she so far away from here?

"Tell Max and Aaron that we will be leaving in four hours. You will be in charge while I'm gone. Don't tell anyone where I'm going or that I am even leaving." I say. I don't normally leave without serious plan making but now is different.

I am going to get my mate.

-----

Katherine's POV

"Wake up, miss." Hands gently grab my shoulders and shake.

I groan. "What now?"

After the whole conversation with blonde and then crying my eyes out, I fell asleep. I don't know when the last time I ate was and my body feels completely drained.

"We need to feed and wash you." The woman says. I open my eyes wider and see a middle aged woma bending down beside me. Her hair is cut short and is a dark brown.

She mentions to my hands and I give then to her. She slowly pulls me up from the ground. She puts one hand around my waist and swigs one of mine over her shoulder.

We limp down the hall and by that time my legs feel like jelly and my head is spinning.

The woman looks at me with concern. "Oh, we better get you some help."

I am about to protest but her eyes lose concentration from mind link.

Footsteps come toward us and the brunette man from the restaurant comes toward us. With out any permission, he swifty picks me up and holds me snug against his chest. I place my hands on his chest and push hard but I don't budge. I try and wiggle my legs from his grasp but that does nothing.

I slump in his arms. I feel my eyelids start to droop. I willingly let them fall closed.

My mate wants me back.

Its the only thought that's been running through my mind for the past couple hours.

I just can't get it through my head that he truelt does. I mean he is perfectly capable of breaking my heart again which is why I should by no means give him another chance.

Mates aren't supposed to need second chances to make things right. They are just supposed to fight there way through things and make it out together.

We just had to be the special pair. Well, technically it isn't my fault that we aren't together. He could have fought those two men holding him like they were nothing.

He just decided not to for some stupid ass reason.

"Miss?" The woman's voice asks. I feel her hands brush away the hair on my face and almost decided to just keep my eyes closed.

"Its time for a bath." She says.

My eyes fly open.

Shower time.

This time when I try and get out of brunettes arms I succeed and plant my feet on the ground. I am a little wobbly and brunette steadies me.

I give him a greatful smile and turn back to the woman. She starts the water and motions for me to start undressing.

I glance back at brunette.

"Is he gonna leave?" I half expected him to run from the room as fast as he could. I also knew that wouldn't happen.

She gave me a look of pity before sending him a look. He rolls his eyes and turns to face the door.

I look over to the woman but she shakes her head already knowing what I want.

"I can do it myself." I grumble.

She shakes her head again. "You are too weak, honey."

I give in and pull all my clothes off before getting into the clean water. She pours soap into the water and onto a cloth before starting to scrub my arms. I send her a glare and she sighs before handing me the cloth.

I scrub my entire body till it's red and feels like it is grime free. The woman pours shampoo in my hair and scrubs it in before washing it away and then conditioning it.

When she finishes, she hands me a towel before leading the brunette out of the room. She does keep the door cracked open a tiny bit though.

I step out of the tub and dry myself of and wrap the trowel around me. The woman comes back in with a stack of clothing and then exits the room again.

I slip the undergarments on which look new and ate my size, which totally cross new out. Then I pull the pain grey T-shirt over my head and put on the black sweats. My bump shows clearly through the shirt considering it isn't maternity but it does cover my whole stomach.

"Ready?" I turn to see the woman standing in the doorway watching me. I inwardly shudder and nod.

She motions for me to follow and I do. The first thing I notice when I get out of the bathroom is that brunette dude isn't here any more. The second thing I realize is just how big the room is.

It has to be a master bedroom with a king size bed. The colors are maroon, black, and silver.

My heart jolts.

Those are the colors of my old room at Brad's.

Maybe it's just a coincidence? Highly doubt it. Brad probably knows blonde and had some while fiasco planned about getting me back.

"Or maybe you are just paranoid." My wild says in head.

Or maybe it's actually true.

"Or-"

"Katherine?" My head snaps over to the door where the woman stands watching me again.

"How do you know my name?" I narrow my eyes. I never told her my name.

She simply smiles. "Everyone here knows your name, miss."

My mouth drops open. Before I can say anything, she turns and walks out of the room.

I stand there, frozen for a second before following her, leaving a trail of profanities in my wake.

Thank you everyone who had been voting for my story! I think I'm going to start dedicating chapters to some of you guys!!

You all make me happy.

Have a good Memorial day

~KB