Chapter 32

"But, I just want to go for a walk." I whine. It has become one of my pregnancy things, starting yesterday.

"No." Gage states and begins to close the bedroom door.

"I'm gonna go anyway, I hope you know that." I say and start sliding myself off the bed. I honestly don't know how I even plan on getting past the gates considering my feet hurt just standing here.

He growls and holds the bridge of his nose. "You are so stubborn."

I throw him a smile as I walk to the closet for my shoes. "And you love it."
"I know." He says it like it's a bad thing.

After I push my feet into my gym shoes, I walk over to him and lift my leg up onto his thigh. He grumbles something about unfairness and ties my shoes for me.

Once he's done, I grab my sunglasses and phone and turn back to the door to find Gage's gaze on me- or rather my body.

I raise my eyebrows.

He smirks. "Have I ever told you how good you look in leggings and my shirt?" I look down at myself. I decided I didn't want to wear any of my shirts, don't ask me why, and black leggings.

"You have, multiple times." I say.

He drops me off at the doors leading to the gardens. "Have fun in your meeting with out me." I tell him. Michael and Adrian had ruled that I shouldn't be included in this next meeting and I have no problem with it. It means I get about two hours of alone time.

"Not likely." He growls and leans down to place a kiss on my forehead. He was not at all happy about having to leave me alone while he was stuck in a conference room.

I turn to walk away but he grabs my hand and swings me up against him. His mouth is on top of mine the next second and I relish in the feeling. My entire body ignites with fire, just like every kiss we've shared.

He pulls away after a few seconds and rests his forehead on mine.

"I still don't know how I feel about you going out there by yourself." He whispers.

"You feel angry and frustrated that you can't go with me but you also feel that you should let me go out there. Don't worry about me, okay? I have my cell on me so I'll call you if I need help." I say and lean up to kiss him again. Those damn eyes are so stormy.

We part ways and I refrain from skipping down the stone path. It's like a maze with different kinds of flowers and bushes all over. The smell is so intoxicating, I just want to bottle it up and keep it forever. I find a bench near the middle of the garden and take a seat, relieving my feet of my weight. Somehow my feet seem to be getting the worst out of the pregnancy which sucks.

I lie back on the bench and bask in the sun for a few minutes. Back, before any of this started, me and Alex would tan 24/7. Any chance we got, we would be in the sun. Even if we had to do work or train or something, we would always be outside.

Call it paranoia, but my senses suddenly alert me to run. I sit up straight and wrap my arms around my huge belly, looking around anxiously.

Danger really must want to be my friend.

I quickly pull out my phone as the feeling in my stomach grows. Before i call Gage l, I listen for anything, something but I realize there is no sound. There's no birds or crickets or the sound of trees blowing in the wind. There's absolutely nothing. I really need to run. I really really do.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Gage asks his voice laced with worry.

I stand up now and keep waiting for something to jump out at me and kill me.