Chapter XI "Helping hand and remembering the past"

A/n: Number 5 in Wendigo story's and number 6 in Wednesday......  I knew you liked my stories but this...
I'm not sure if it's different on your screen, but still... I'm greatful

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Y/n) POV:

I decided to follow the police as so did Wednesday as I was curious on the reason he was being dragged off before I remembered what one reason could be 'The file,' I thought to myself as I continued following before arriving at the police station "What are you doing?" I heard a familiar goth girl voice say as I turned around.  "I wanted to know what was going on," I said as Wednesday looked at me confused "Why would you care?" "That's what friends do," I said as I smiled at her then walked inside as she followed along side me, we were then guided towards a visitor section as Wednesday's dad was shown on the opposite ended separated by glass.

"My little tormenta, how's your mother?" I heard her father ask Wednesday "Devastated, she hates you in orange," I heard Wednesday responded as I was just left stunned of casual she said that just then her father noticed me and asked "Who's this?" "(Y/n), I would shake your hand if this wasn't in the way," I said while motioning at the glass.  Her father just smiled "Gomez Addams," he said as he then turned his attention back towards Wednesday "I caught her laying a rose on a grave earlier today, the headstone read 'Garrett Gates'," we heard Wednesday suddenly say as she continued "The very boy you've been arrested for murdering," her father and I just stayed silent as we continued listening.

"Care to explain?" she finished as I felt the tension in the room get heavy "Should... I go?" I awkwardly said as Wednesday just glared at me making a chill go down my spine "I'll take that as a no," I said while taking a seat and sitting next to Wednesday, after I had taken my seat Wednesday's father spoke up "Garrett was infatuated with you mother, he mistook her kindness for interest".

As I continued to listen as Wednesday asked questions as I just listened as I was just left thinking how someone's obsession can turn into one of anger and hatred as I thought to myself 'Could this ever...,' I was stuck in thought until I heard Wednesdays dad rap up his story in which Ms. Weems saw him holding the sword while towering over the ledge Garret stood fell off.

When he finished his story I could tell Wednesday was thinking as she suddenly asked "How many fathers hand their daughter a fencing blade when she's five?" "Where the hell did this come from?" I asked as Wednesday gave a glare as I quickly shut up and continued listening, eventually Wednesday was done asking questions and we both walked out. "What was that about?" I asked as Wednesday didn't even take a glance at me "He was lying about his story, it's only half true," she said as I looked at her "Any proof?" she went silent at this comment before responding "I'll find something," after she said that we parted ways as I was getting tired and didn't really want to walk anymore.

When I got to Nevermore I found my "parents" waiting for me at the front gate "(Y/n), we need to talk," "Fuck off," I said while walking past them until my father grabbed my hand "You want to know why were here?" I immediately paused and looked at them as my eyes went red "Yes I want to know, What. The. Fuck. IS GOING ON!" I said while feeling my teeth get sharp. I was about to rip his hand off until I saw my parents eyes tear up "It's about Sarah," I then felt all my features instantly revert as I heard her name "What happened?" I said as I quickly got into my parents car and left with them.

After a while of driving we arrived at a Jericho's cemetery and I felt my eye's tear up and realized what had happened "Your joking right?" I said while my parents just walked inside "Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke," "Don't think it is bud," I started letting my tears flow as I walked inside praying that God hadn't taken her, praying that my mistake was still fixable. As I walked closer to the tombstone my parents were standing at my tears flooded my face and fell to the floor as I read the tombstones name "Sarah (L/n)," I fell to my knees and let the tears continue as I was just unable to comprehend my mistake.