chapter 02

achilles' heel, two.

confession 02;

a very cute guy approached me yesterday... he even asked me to share my umbrella with him! if you're reading this, pretty boy, i just want you to know that you're very beautiful.

to the blond with red hair clips

"Is it only me, or is everyone actually staring at us?"

"Might be because we look good together."

Y/N clicked her tongue, tearing her gaze away from the gawking students. She and Kaveh were seated next to each other, but their attention was anchored to different activities. Even if they did talk to one another, they refused to carry any sort of cordial interaction for more than five seconds. They simply couldn't bring themselves to.

Kaveh's cat-printed umbrella still rested inside the girl's bag. She was uncertain as to how to give it back to him without attracting a couple of more curious eyes. How they became the nucleus of the class in twenty-four hours— they didn't know.

He was doodling small flowers on the corner of a spare paper, humming a tune to himself, and Y/N was busy glaring daggers at Tighnari, silently gesturing for him to sit in front of her.

The dark-haired male ended up obliging to her demand.

"Happy now?" Tighnari asked flatly, patting his notebook over Y/N's head.

"Very." She smiled, resting her chin above her arms. "Who's your partner for the Psych project?"

He hesitated a little, scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly. "Uh... Cyno."

"Cyno?"

"We... um, we got to choose our partners."

A wave of betrayal washed over Y/N. Kaveh, who had his focus glued to his little scribbles, also found his concentration diverting towards the duo's discussion.

"You guys got to choose your partners?"

"Yes."

"What?" Kaveh interjected in a high-pitched voice, with an element of surprise laced to it. "Not everyone has to endure the torture of being stuck with someone they absolutely despise?"