chapter 10

achilles' heel, ten.

confession 10;

i saw kaveh and y/n walk to school together... how very interesting.

— to 'do I even have to do this every goddamn time? you know who this is about, jesus christ.'

"

"...Dad."

He was home.

His back was slouched against the chair, the tufts of his hair flopping over his tired face. Once the apprehensive voice echoed inside the previously silent surroundings, the man shot up his head, his gaze connecting with his daughter's.

"Kid! Back early today?"

Kid.

"Yes."

Her father was doing it again. Restarting the cycle of uncertainty by switching his behaviour by the day. He had the luxury to act like this — to grin without having a care in this world, to nonchalantly poke his nose in his children's business after branding them with agonising memories, to ruffle the messy strands of the siblings as if he didn't use the same hand to hit them.

"I cooked your favourite today. Ish helped me a lot, so you better grab a plate after getting some rest!"

But do I have the luxury to scream? To cry and yell and remind him of how he ruined me? To tell him that picking up a nice personality for a couple of hours does not erase his abuse?

She didn't. She knew that.

So despite herself, she bit the insides of her cheek, nodding as she headed to her room. Of course, her mind was brimming with questions, but to ask them was quite a risky feat. They might trigger the man's rage and she didn't want to deal with any of that.