Chapter 8

General pov:

Recap:
"Well everyone, I am persephone Jackson, daughter of Poseidon and Sally Jackson, hero of Olympus, at your service."

Present:

Suddenly Charlie jerked up out of her seat, her chair screached across the floor. Her features painted with rage. "You're a liar!!" She screamed at Percy.

Percy looked taken a back in shock before her features fell into a cold expressionless canvas.

Charlie continued, "The gods died out years ago, you cannot possibly be the spawn of Poseidon."

Percy face was still expressionless. She replied in a call chilling voice, "Well clearly you have been misinformed."

Charlie was still visibly enraged. Her skin slowly becoming more irritated and red.

They stared at each other in silence, Neither relenting. It was the scariest staring contest every.

"Mmhm" Nate broke the uncomfortable silence. "Charlie, how do you even know about these 'gods'," he put up quote fingers as he said this.

Everyone turned their gaze toward her.

"Well, I- I-," she stuttered.

"Spit it out."

She started again, "I know because I kinda am one?" Her voice went high at the end of the sentence.

Silence all around.

She continued, "That's how I know she's lying, all the gods died out years ago except a select few. I know that Poseidon was not one of them."

Percy quickly questioned, "which one?"

Charlie eye tracked back to her, "huh?"

"Which 'god' do you claim to be?"

"Well god exactly a god per se, I'm just apart of the lore. Which actually, now that you say that-"

"Charlie, focus," Sarah raised an eyebrow to stop the rambling.

"Right," she cleared her voice. "so I'm what you would call Clotho"

This instantly peaked Percy's interest. She seemed to raise her eyebrows in unison, eyes glistening with what could be described as wonder, before she furrowed her eyebrows again.

Before Charlie could carry on Percy interjected, "like the fates?"

Charlie's face almost brightened up, "yes, exactly."

"So you mean to tell me that you are a third of the little group that has been fucking up my life for years??"

This seemed to confuse everyone even more, some even looking at Charlie with accusation.

"What do you mean? The fates haven't been active for centuries," this time Nate jumped in.

"Yes they have," Percy defended. "I've met and talked to them, and by the way they look no where as hot as you do,"

"Respectfully" she added.

Ignoring the second remark Charle carried on, still ridden with confusion, "That's impossible, I stole all the rings so that could never happen again. So that people could finally have control again."

A pregnant silence followed.

An even more pregnant silence.

"What if that's part of this problem, Percy?" Kara broke the silence.

She then turned to Charlie, "When was the last time you saw these rings? Is it possible that impersonators could have gotten ahold of them?"

"A while ago and theoretically it could be possible."

Percy interrupted again, "wait, wait, wait, so the fates are not actually the fates? I mean even if they were able to get ahold of these rings, they have been weaving for centuries. How can you explain that?"

"Time travel" Mick grunted out. "We do it everyday"

There seemed to be a mutual agreement among everyone in the room.

"Even so, that doesn't mean that they are connected to the present issue at hand."

Out of no where Percy exclaimed, "wait time travel is real?"

Heads turned in her direction, necks stuck out in almost a non-verbal 'Duh'

"Cool"

There was a knock at the door and then a loud explosion. The heroes sprang into a rigid stance, ready for a fight. Before any movement was made they heard a very sheepish, "hey" come from behind it. A hey that Percy could recognise anywhere.

_______________

Hey people, I know it's been a very Long while but here's the next chapter. Another note I just wanted to add because I didn't mention it earlier, all the people that kinda died are not dead. By that I mean Jason, Oliver(obviously) etc. I'm just kinda pretending that it never happened. Ya so. Enjoy!!