Chapter 25: I'm not wearing any

CHAPTER 25: I'm not wearing any
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Leonie Waldorf

Okay, Leonie, it's time to put those calming skills you learned from a five minute YouTube video to great use

Inhale.

Exhale.

Don't think about the flashing lights or that you'll be nude on every magazine cover. Okay, Nude may be an exaggeration. My body will be covered by a diamond dress and nothing underneath. Marylin did say diamonds are a girl's best friend.

The Boho Co. team put me through a whirlwind of chaos from hair, makeup, multiple costume changes, and finally test shoots. I stare at my 90s updo and makeup that makes me look like a character in Euphoria. The younger me eating boxed Mac and cheese for the fifth time in a week dreamed of this moment. The moment my father, mother, and Ethan thought I could never archive.

Fuck those bitches.

I won't cry over my past anymore. Ethans a cheating prick and my parents - well my mind can't possibly make up the ten-page list of their mistakes so let's skip them.

What I'm trying to say is my past can't stick it's venom nails into my life anymore.

The chaos of the photoshoot drove all thoughts of them out of my head. Sadly I couldn't focus on my newfound calming skills because my mind was wired on how I can possibly stop myself from screwing up this Boho Co. photoshoot on the spot.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I'm okay.

I can do this.

"Angle your head a little lower... just like that." The photographer Altas shouted. "Great. Perfect."

Who knew the warm breeze grazing my skin or the enthusiasm for another dream vacation spot was knocked off my list would melt my nerves? Ditching my panicked breaths I finally relaxed and pushed the agonizing self-doubting voice out of my mind.

The shoot continues seamlessly despite my skin melting from the desert heat. The team was ecstatic! Including me. So much that I hugged Altas a little too tight.

"I haven't felt this much joy since my ex-husband divorced me." Jenkins, the owner of Boho Co. approaches me during a break. "You're doing wonderful."

I nod and smile. "Thank you again for this opportunity."

"No thank you. My current husband just had a stroke and seeing you gave me the happiness I needed."

"I'm so sorry to hear about your husband."

"Oh darling don't be. I hate the bastard. I was just sad because he didn't die and leave me all his money." Jenkins laughs. "I'm Joking of course."

I nod my head as if I knew her joke all along. She gives me a swift nod before heading over to Atlas screaming how his boots aren't fashionable enough for the desert. My eyes search the desert for a glimpse of brown hair and cream skin.