Chapter 33: You Called

CHAPTER 33: You Called

Leonie Waldorf

Breakups can't be solved by ice cream and music

Breakups can't be solved by ice cream and music. I can testify that while sitting in this small Ice cream shop that's the only thing open while the song, our song "Hello Hello" by Elton John plays.

Ian spent a whole week reaching songs on spotify to qualify as our song after I'd told her every couple has a special song. I'm pretty sure he even tried to write his own song when he couldn't find one, but Ian's no song writer.

He kept on trying to rhyme Leonie with lovely in the chorus.

Then Gnomeo and Juliet came on the television when we sat together and played Mario kart. He'd always made me be a princess while he played Mario. Ian said it resembles our couple.

A girl totally out of the guys league and the guy stupidly in love with her.

That's when the song came on and I'd hum the words. Ian said I sounded like an angel and I called him tone deaf because I knew I couldn't sing.

Still he insisted I sing it again and again and soon one day I found gnomeo and Juliet action figures with the names Ian and Leonie engraved on them.

I wished they would stop playing the song.

My heart was already broken enough.

The owner's face was laced with pity when he witnessed my water down mascara so he gave me two extra scoops of cookie dough and handed me the remote for the tv.

I couldn't handle a walk to remember anymore so I changed the channel and it landed on the news. To my surprise there was a human being loaded into an ambulance from three degree burners and part of the house burnt down.

Looks like i'm not the only one with a bad Christmas spirit.

I continue to watch the workers rush him into the ambulance when I start reading the headline.

My eyes widened when I read "Rowan James, famous CEO, reporting lit on fire."

That's when I wipe my eyes to get a clear picture and see a portion Ian's home burnt down and Rowan's skin burnt.