Three

Sidney and Finnick didn't leave the train's bedroom until they arrived at the Capitol. They had no need to talk to anyone except each other. They mostly spent the whole time cuddling together as an attempt to comfort each other.

They waved to Capitol people out the window and pretended to be happy. Sponsors were still important.

Before the Reaping, they both knew that if they were to go back into the Games, their top priority was to protect Katniss and Peeta and keep them both alive. But now, that all changed.

Finnick and Sidney both swore to themselves to keep the other alive at whatever costs.

In Sidney's mind, if Finnick died, she would have nothing. Nobody else she cared about as much. She would never recover from his death. Neither would Annie or Mags, and Sidney would never be able to forgive herself. Finnick deserved to live. If Sidney died, he could still move on and have a normal life. He would be happy with Annie.

They got off the train, Sidney squished up against Finnick's side, trying to keep from being touched by all of the Capitol men in the crowd.

Sidney looked up at Finnick and saw his smiling face as he greeted the Capitol citizens. She knew this look was fake, however, as she could see how his fingers trembled. Sidney placed her usual cocky grin on her face, trying to keep up the facade as they left the train station and entered the Training Center.

Finnick and Sidney were quickly whisked away from each other, taken to be cleaned up and prepared for the parade. Finnick looked over his shoulder at Sidney as he was being taken away to be cleaned up, seeing that Sidney was already looking at him. She gave him a single nod before turning back around. Finnick was grateful for that nod, feeling reassured.

Sidney was laid down on one of the beds in the square room. It was barely a room, though, as the walls were made of curtains.

The stylists waxed her from head to toe and cut the ends of her hair. They threaded her eyebrows and scrubbed her body until a layer of skin came off. Sidney was then brought into a small, dark room where her stylist would find her.

Sidney got a feeling of major deja vu as she watched the door open and her stylist walk in.

The outfit was complicated and a lot less revealing than in the 68th Hunger Games.

The outfit was two pieces. The top was a tube top design made of scales that was tight around her chest. The top went down just far enough to cover her breasts but it revealed her stomach.

The second piece was a skirt of nets that reached just above her knees, but it had a slit running up the right side that reached her upper thigh. She was given heeled sandals as shoes in an attempt to make a beach feeling.

More stylists later came in to do her makeup and hair. They made a large mermaid braid that fell over her right shoulder. They then gave her light blue eye shadow and winged eye liner, along with a pink-colored lipstick nearly the same shade as her actual lips. She looked beautiful.

Sidney was sent out of the room and into the area with the rest of the tributes where they waited before the parade. All eyes were on her when she walked in, the Capitol citizens screaming her name as they watched her from above.

Sidney and Finnick made their way over to a woman who was barking at some parade coordinators.

"There's my favorite fellow victor!" Sidney smirked, Finnick gave her a small look. "That isn't from my own district." She added after, causing him to turn his attention back to Johanna.

Johanna turned away from the people she was just yelling at to see Sidney and Finnick smirking at her. "I would say it's nice to see some familiar faces but . . . you know."