THE END

The waves crashed gently against the rocks, the familiar smell of saltwater infiltrating their noses as they sat in the sand, the warmth of the sun beating down on their skin. Finnick Odair finally felt completely peaceful with his wife sitting next to him with his arm wrapped around her shoulder, bringing her close to him.

So much had changed in five years, Paylor had become the President of Panem, the districts had been rebuilt and life was peaceful.

"Daddy! Daddy look!"

Red hair bounced on his head and ocean eyes stared excitedly at her parents as the four-year-old girl ran toward her father, holding up a beautiful shell.

"What you got there?" Finnick grinned picking up his daughter and spinning her in the air and the girl giggled sweetly, arms latching around her father's neck.

"Mommy! Help me!"

Annie smiled up at the father-daughter duo, her heart soaring at the sight of them together and she stand up with a large smile on her face when she approached the two.

"Can you show me what you have?" Annie asked curiously when Finnick stopped spinning circles in the sand and her daughter proudly held up the shell she found on the beach.

"Look! Can I keep it?! please!"

"Of course you can." Annie said wrapping her arm around her husband's waist and her arm around her daughter, the three holding each other close.

"Can I go look for more?" The little girl pouted, an unnecessary and possibly fake dramatic wave of sadness washed over her, she reminded Finnick so much of his friend in moments like these.

"Sure Sid, just stay close okay?" Finnick interjected, placing the girl back on the ground and she immediately dashed away, laughter spilling from her lips.

"Are you okay?" Annie asked worriedly.

Finnick blinked the tears away before smiling again. "Yeah . . . I'm good." He nodded before sitting down back on the warm sand while Annie went to chase after their daughter, casting one last look over her shoulder at her husband before focusing on Sidney.

Finnick turned his head back to the towel and picked the letter he had been writing back up.

Dear Katniss and Peeta,

Years have passed, and it sometimes still feels like just yesterday the rebellion ended. But then I remember the districts have been rebuilt and new lives have started over the years. I hope you two are happy and have found peace back in District Twelve.

Sidney is clearly her mother's daughter, but sometimes I catch a little glimpse of my best friend in her, like when she forced me into playing thumb war for two hours. It still hurts, and it probably always will, but I know that she is looking over me, I know Mags is too, and so is Prim and everyone else we've lost on the way.

Katniss; you once asked me back in the Capitol 'what now?' And I told you to 'live.' I hope you have, I know I did here with my family. Losing loved ones hurts, but some people are worth all the suffering for. The Games are over, the war has been fought and our children can now know peace because of it.

That's why we did this, and this has been worth it too.

Finnick Odair

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙏𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙀𝙉𝘿 - 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 🎉