Chapter Thirty Two: The Deal

Over the next few days, Mia and Noah had travelled over, refusing to leave her side. They hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was nice to catch up. Noah had finally worked up the balls to get with Mia and they had been enjoying regular dates despite everything that was currently happening.

Despite that, the business card the woman had given her weighed heavily in her back pocket. Burning a hole in her jeans, she was constantly aware of the opportunities Annette was giving her. Yet she couldn't help but think she was punching way above her own weight.

She was a half demon on a good day, a basic human on the rest. She was nothing in comparison to half the people she now knew.

Could she really do it? Was it even worth it?

--------------------

The decision was decided for her in the end.

Like everything nowadays, it started with a simple tweet. 'Here are the list of names and identification, of all Supernaturals involved with Lower Marsh Market's Hostage Crisis'

And in that tweet, was everything. Her name, Eugene's names and list of life long identities, Harvey's, Raul's, alongside the Revolutions names, Rosemary Idelof, Joshua Roberts among the many listed.

She looked from her phone, to Eugene who was sat quietly on the bed reading a book. Edgar Allen Poe. She hid her phone, face down on the bedside table. It was a split second decision.

Annalise gazed outside the window, everything, from this point forward everything would be different. And maybe, this would be the last chance she would have to enjoy it.

So, swallowing back the nausea, and panic, she leant on Eugene's side, and gave him a hug. Without even looking, he reached a hand to stroke the length of her hair, attention still on the book. Holding her in the embrace. It somehow felt like their last one.

It didn't take long for the others to find out. Of course, Eugene still didn't have twitter. A firm anti-social media believer, not even Annalise could change his ways. But Harvey did, and so did Raul and Cassius.

30 minutes later, Harvey burst into the bedroom, cheeks flushed with anger and adrenaline.

"Pack your stuff." Harvey demanded, with little to no explanation. Dumbly, the couple stared at him. He huffed. "Now!" The witch snapped. "We need to leave within the hour."

The book fell out of Eugene's hand, bouncing lightly on the bed. The vampire stood up, back ram rode as he stopped his brother from leaving.

"What do you mean, Harvey?" "What's going on?" He questioned, pulling Harvey back into the room.

"They know everything. They know who we are. Where we live, who our parents were. They know everything Eugene!" Harvey cried, eyes wild in desperation as he shook himself from Eugene's grip. "Everything!"

"Pack your stuff now." Harvey demanded, with finality, as he exited the room in a panicked hurry.

Eugene gazed at Annalise,his eyes flickering back to her forgotten phone and to his face. He made no outward indication, but something inside her was telling her he knew.

The vampire turned away, rummaging through the draws, and yanking out the occasional item of clothing. "Get ready, grab everything you need," He stopped for a pause, to face her. Annalise stood up from the bed, and made her way to help him. But he stopped her, placing his hand on her cheek and gently stroking the creases underneath her eyes.

There was a revenant look in his own as he took in her appearance. "It's gonna be okay, Anna. No matter what, we're going to be okay." So much was said with one sentence, and yet so little was spoken.