1

"Why do we need a new bar?" Tim half yelled in the middle of the food court. "I told you he'd get like this," Angela smirked. The normal crew of cops were enjoying their lunch. "I'm not saying we need a new bar. I'm just saying the one we go to is... well..." Lucy trailed off. "Rodent infested?" Nolan chimed in. "Yep, that." Lucy pointed her fork towards Nolan and turned her head toward the angry Tim Bradford that seemed to be plotting the demise of the burrito sitting in front of him.

"Listen, I know you don't like to try new things, but -" Lucy was cut off by Tim, "Hey. I can try new things." He said in a defensive tone. "For example, we went on that beach restaurant thing with Ashley and Chris. That was new." He said and took a bite of his food. Lucy smiled and cocked her head to the side. "You mean the thing where you put half the food on my plate and bad-mouthed it so bad Ashley got up and left?"

Angela and Nyla tried stiffling their laughter and were ultimately failing when Tim put his arms in the air and waved them around to indicate he was done with the converation. "Fine. We'll decide on a new bar after shift." He got up and walked away with his trash. Lucy scoffed and shook her head.

As the shift ended, the group started talking about which bars they wanted to try. "All I'm saying is a little rat infestation isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be." "Tim. For the last time. We are not going back."

Nyla glared at him, Tim put his hands up in defense and looked away. They finally decided on a bar and made plans to meet there later that night. It was Friday, and they all had the next day off so they could blow off steam with peace of mind.

Lucy made her way inside her apartment and set her keys down, looking up to see Tamara sitting on the couch.

"Hey, I'm going out with some friends tonight. I hope that's ok." Lucy told Tamara as she opened the fridge to grab a drink. "For sure, I was just planning on studying and watching crappy horror movies anyway." Tamara replied as she got up and sat down at the kitchen island.

"Soooo." Tamara said after a few moments of silence. "Does this group include Tim?" Lucy slowly turned around with a drink in hand.

"Yes?" She smiled, confused. "Why?" Tamara got up and quickly said,"Oh. No reason. I was just wondering because last time you two hung out, you ended up kissing."

She said, putting her hand on the island and tilting her head. Lucy's mouth became slightly opened, and she put her drink down. "Like I told you. That. Was for undercover. Which was a month ago. I mean, we are totally cool now."

She said, not sure if she was convincing Tamara or herself. They had been a little awkward around each other since that night at Lucy's, but it became less so as time went on.

Tamara slowly nodded her head. "Right. But now, with alcohol in the mix, that spark could come back." Tamara held her hand up as if it were some sort of offer. "Right, well, while that is a very logically sound idea. But alas, I do have a boyfriend. Chris. Who you know. And like."

Lucy said on her way to her room to shower and change. "Yeah, but I mean if it'd work out better with Tim." Tamara said while putting her hands up like she was balancing the ideas. Lucy sighed and closed the door to her room.

"I'm down to throw Chris out of the picture!" Tamara yelled to Lucy as she went back to the couch. "Good to know!" Lucy shouted back, sarcastically.