4

"You're leaving?" Lucy asked him. He chuckled and looked at her, slightly confused. "Yes? I mean, it's not like we were having the best time before, and I completely ruined it now, so yes, I'm leaving."

He signed the receipt and put his card down. The bartender walked away with it, Lucy looked down at her drink, pressing her lips together. She didn't know why she felt disappointed. Tim was right. They weren't talking even before the 'fight', and when they had tried, Lucy brought up his recent breakup.

She rubbed her forehead. Tim's card was handed back to him, and he put it back in his wallet. "Do you need a ride?" He asked her. He had noticed her dismay with him leaving and was equally perplexed as to why she was upset with him doing so.

Moments earlier, she was inches away from his face and looked like she was going to punch him. Tim chose to believe it was because of her tipsiness and got up, still waiting for a response. "Sure."

As they were making their way to Tim's truck, Lucy grabbed Tim's arm to keep balance, Tim let it happen, keeping it steady so she wouldn't fall. The alternative was having to drag her off of the ground and getting looks from concerned bystanders, which was already occurring.

Tim helped her into the passenger seat and walked around to the driver's side. Lucy buckled in and slumped her head to the side. She was exhausted and just wanted to lie in bed.

Tim turned on the car and made sure they each had their things before turning on the GPS for Lucy's apartment. He sat for a second and looked over at her. She was half asleep, looking pale and slightly green if Tim was being honest.

"Are you ok?" He knew it was a stupid question but still felt the need to ask it. "Spectacular," She responded, slightly gagging halfway through the word, trying not to puke.

"We're going to my house. It's closer." He said and put it in the GPS instead. She looked over at him. "I don't have any change of clothes, and these heals are killing me, Tim. I'll be fine." She tried her best to sound as sober as possible, but Tim could hear how well that wasn't working.

"You aren't fine, Lucy. I'll give you some clothes. I'm not letting you choke on your own puke because you pass out as soon as you get home. I'll text Tamara to let her know." Tim said, and his words were final.

Lucy accepted the response, and her mind wandered back to the conversation she had had with Tamara before leaving for the night.

She sat up abruptly.  "No. I'll text Tamara. Do not. Text her." She grabbed out her phone and pulled her messages up. Tim gave a confused expression as a response, but let it go.

Lucy texted Tamara, saying that she was going to Chris's that night. The last thing she needed was Tamara questioning what she was doing at  'cop zaddy's' house at 11 on a Friday night.

Once they arrive at Tim's place, he walks around to Lucy's side of the car to help her out. She was still very woozy from the alcohol but is trying her best to act sober. "I'm fine, Tim." She said, getting out of the truck.

He had put his arms out in case she fell. She made it out without casualty and tiredly walked to the front of the house with Tim in toe just in case. He unlocked the door, and she went straight to the couch to flop down. Tim walked to the kitchen and grabbed a cup for water. Lucy drunkenly took her heals off and curled up on the couch.

Not 5 minutes had passed before Lucy suddenly got the urge to puke. She sat up slowly and rose from the couch. Tim looked up from his phone. He had grabbed a chair from the kitchen table and brought it into the living room.

He was holding the glass of water that Lucy had denied from him. "You gonna puke?" He asked as Lucy rushed past him, already heading to the bathroom. He set the water down and swiftly followed.