Chapter 6: Plan A

"What a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming ... on days like these, Misaka needs to eat a cup of instant noodles"

The morning sun glowed with warm, golden light as Misaka-10000 strolled along the peaceful road. The scent of blooming flowers filled the air, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves on the trees

Amidst the pleasant ambiance, the sound of cars passing by could be heard, but it was overpowered by a distinct growling sound—her stomach grumbling loudly.

Placing a hand on her belly, "Misaka is starving! Misaka needs food."

She had skipped breakfast that morning simply because there was nothing left to eat in the dorm, and she had no money to buy any either. 

Unfortunately, her situation worsened when she discovered that someone had broken into her dorm the previous night and stolen everything valuable.

The worst part was that there was still one week left until her monthly salary would arrive, and she had no means to confirm her identity without her missing wallet.

Misaka-10000 sighed, feeling a mixture of frustration and hunger. She knew she had to find a solution soon to satisfy her growling stomach.

Coming to a halt in front of a building's glass window, she stared at her reflection. Despite the dark circles under her eyes, she still possessed a striking beauty, though the presence of those peculiar white strands of hair added an intriguing element.

"Misaka might be able to get some money from some idiots... Hmm?"

She paused mid-sentence, her attention caught by a glimpse of a little girl in the glass reflection.

Turning around, she spotted a young girl dressed in what appeared to be a church outfit, with silver hair reaching her thighs and large green eyes.

Misaka-10000's gaze remained fixed on the little girl's eyes. No, to be exact, they were fixed on the ice cream in the little girl's hand.

by how focused her glance was, she overlook the presence of a certain boy standing beside the little girl.

Part 2:

"...There's nothing but manga here..."

It was August 8, and Kamijou Touma saw nothing but manga in his bookcase, much less anywhere else in the room. For appearances' sake, he decided to go out to the Academy City station to buy a study guide.

...That's what he'd wanted to do, anyway.

"Man, I didn't think it would cost 3,600 yen...," Kamijou grumbled to himself with all the enthusiasm of a straggler from a defeated army. On top of that, the clerk had informed him that just the day before, there'd been some kind of summer exam study fair. Study guides had been half off. 

It was really unfortunate.

"Oh, Touma, you really should learn how to save and spend your money wisely,"

shifting his gaze to the little girl beside him who was happily enjoying her ice cream.

"You really have the nerve to say that after making me buy a 3600 yen ice cream for you, huh?" 

"Mgh." index returned her gaze to Kamijou, frustrated. "Touma, it's not wasting money when it's for food; you need food to survive. But spending on unnecessary books is a different story. You still have so much to learn, Touma."

She happily returned her focus to the ice cream in her hand.

"I really can't believe a nun just said spending money on educational resources is a waste of money. What kind of nun are you?"