Chapter 6-Earth

Four of them moved along the vast afforest and explored about one and a half kilometers. In next to no time, A huge tree -as similar as a banyan tree, though not the exact same-came into view. 

It had a big and thick trunk. But the only thing that surprised Chloe was that the tree didn't contain a single leaf, only the flowers were left-which were also withered, the whole tree was dead.
'among all other trees, why is this the only tree which is dead?', she asked grace.

'this must be Krixi's tree, we found it!', grace answered.

'Krixi's tree?', Max interrogated.

Chloe got a hint, 'is she a kind of magical creature?'

'yes, she is the protector of the pearl of earth element.' Grace answered her.
She continued her talk, 'Krixi is a Mage. She loved every inch of the forest, so she didn't refuse when uncle Aurelius asked her to protect the earth pearl. Moreover, she shares her heart and soul with her tree. When she's happy, the flowers bloom, when she's sad, the leaves fall.'

'however, looks like she is in a dilemma right now,' Chloe said looking at the carpet of dried leaves layering the ground.

Max looked around, 'where is she?'.

Suddenly, a low-pitched voice of crying came from behind the trunk of tree. Four of them went beside the trunk of the withered tree to have a look.

A little fairy with elf ears, peach-pink hair, blue-deep eyes, light green transparent wings and dark green dress upto knees, was sitting behind the trunk, with folded legs and forehead touching knees, crying like hell.

Grace moved forward and touched her shoulder. With a sudden jerk, krixi got up in air and got a bit anxious.

'don't get scared, uncle Aurelius has sent us here. we are here to get the pearl. Are you Krixi?'.

 she nodded in yes, still weeping.

'why are you crying?'

'b...b...because my friend is dying!' Krixi sobbed, 'she is sick and I need to cure her. But unfortunately, I can't'

 'can we help you?'

'I need the nectar of 'Narcissus flower' to treat her'

Chloe whispered something in Max's ear, to which he nodded. Then, she asked Grace, 'can we find narcissus flower in this forest?'

 'yes, they can be found on the banks of Vespera river.'

Chloe turned towards Krixi and told her, 'Krixi, if we bring the nectar to you, then will you give us the earth pearl?'.

Krixi thought for a moment and then finally agreed, 'okay, but get the nectar before sunrise please.' Saying this, she flew away in the air...to look upon her friend

Max asked Grace about the Vespera river. In reply, she answered, 'vespera is the only river of our world which speaks, not much far from here'.

'a river which speaks? This is going way too far! Science is surely committing suicide now, should i arrange a funeral already?', Ethan exclaimed.

Grace continued, 'but there is one problem...'

'what problem?' 

Grace said, 'narcissus flowers are not easy to get'.

'why?', Chloe asked.

'this flower is found beneath the river, under its water.'

Ethan said, 'so what's the problem?, Max and Chloe can swim, they can get the flower.'