Chapter 5

Allen- **10 years ago**

I was running, the trees and moist scent I once adored felt like it was haunting me or should I say laughing at me. They were behind me, I don't know who they were, all I know is that they murdered my family. I saw it with my bare eyes, they grabbed my dad's collar and smacked him on his face. On hearing the noise, my mom came out curious on what's going on. Just before she was about to run towards my dad, I caught her arm and she, knowing damn well that we won't be able to do anything  decided to stay. There were three guys with both knives and guns. One of the guy smirked, while the others laughed at my dad's condition. All of a sudden they wore a poker face then one of them removed the knife and cut his stomach and before I could witness the real horrors, my mom covered my eyes. When they left, we moved out of our hiding place and ran towards dad. He was barely breathing and before he could say anything, his breath stopped and he lay on mom's lap with no movement and no pulse at all. I could hear mum's cries, enough to flood the floor, while I stayed numb at my position. Just then, we heard them coming back, there was no use of locking doors since they had damaged them, mom took me and ran off through the back door, somehow they got to know our presence and chased u. On the way, mum lost track of me and I was soon in the woods. My feet hit a rock and I fell unconscious. When I opened my eyes, I was in mum's lap at the police station. Seemed that mum called the sherrifs' before they could get me because I saw one of them in custody.

I swore to kill that mastermind who made a plan to destroy and kill my dad in such a cruel way. Maybe that's the reason that built up my current personality which people called it "cold", "fearful" and "ruthless".

Just then, I heard a sweet voice. A voice that brought me back to reality

"Hey!, you okay?" she waved her hands infront of my eyes

" I'm fine"

"Never knew you also daydream, that too for straight 10 mins"

"I mean I'm a human too" I pinched my eyebrows

"Reckoning what I heard from your employees about you, I don't think "human" could be a suitable description" she narrowed her eyes

Did she just call me a non-human my heart clenched at that. I leaned closer to her

"so, you've now got the guts to disrespect me!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

PLEASE GUYS VOTE FOR MY STORY. KEEP READING AND SHOWING LOVE IT WILL MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE MORE