Chapter 7

Jenna's pov

They've got to be kidding me! I can't possibly be married at 22! I haven't quite enjoyed my life. My bucket list is still full. Like, I've got to buy my own house before I turn 25, go for a solo trip and chill at the beach in Bali and have an exquisite date with my MR Right.

I understand that his grandmother's condition is not at it's best, but I can't just end my solo life like that. It's like not all about them, I mean they've got to reckon my family, my decision. They can't just emotionally blackmail me like that! I don't care if miss Elena will like me or not but I can't be a people pleaser this time.

"I totally understand your situation but marriage is not quite my thing and it's too early for me to be dragged into some emotionally tied "unification". I knew Allen can't force me now especially when his mother is present here.

i could see Elena bring out a smile onto her face, while walking towards me as she held my palms and said

"I know it's early for you and i don't want to force you. How about you two get into a contractual marriage for an year. we'll keep your wedding a secret from the public so that when you separate, you have no problem living on your own." she said with a calm face

"An year?!" I got startled and could feel the floor moving beneath my feet "That is too long, like three months would be enough to convince her!" I spoke to myself in my mind.

I do feel bad for his grandma, and really don't him to lose her. I've lost mine and I know how it feels. I don't want him to go through what I did, even though he doesn't sit right that doesn't mean he should go through that. Contract won't be that bad, given that the marriage won't be public, guess I'll still have my freedom then.

Just then Allen stepped forward raising one of his eyebrows

"so, you do agree to for a contractual marriage?"

"maybe."

"Okay then, it's done. We're getting the contract tomorrow" he groaned

"that's too fast, I...mean..."

"Dear, i hope you reckon what i had told you just a few minutes ago" he said as he went to his desk and got busy with his files got busy with the files. it's true whether i agree or not he will drag me with him. and there was also no need for such emotional drama when he was to do that.

It would be easy hiding from my parents since they live overseas. But Sav! how am I going to tell her this. She'll probably kill me if she ever got to know this, she has a huge crush on this man.

"Jenna," Elena said waking me up from my thoughts "I'm so happy that you agreed. Don't worry, he won't do anything cruel to you. I've seen how he allows you to do the things that he usually doesn't allow anyone" Elena said with a calm and sweet voice. I could say that she is that kind of the mother-in-law every woman wishes to have. but the son! he is already cruel what doe she mean by not cruel. guy is totally obsessed, i am hundred percent sure he would be controlling and over-possessive.

"what do you mean" I asked as if I didn't know

she came closer and whispered in my ear "I've seen how you hoped for the shotgun and he didn't argue"

"Is that supposed to be a thing?" I whispered back

"I know it's weird but yes he won't allow anyone to take the shotgun"

"this guy is super weird" I whispered to myself. I wonder what spell I was into when I stood up for him! I mean he doesn't like when anyone goes through those education books on his shelves, neither does he like when someone makes their desks look colorful and not to forget the shotgun. Like, what kind of drugs is he on? I've never seen anyone hold that much of a grudge on anything!

Third person pov

Elena left the office building while the two were still in the office. Allen acting like nothing had just happened and went back to his desk and started signing papers while Jenna sat on the chair thinking about how he would behave when they started living together. She felt as if everything was going too fast in her life and more of like she shouldn't be trying knot with him that quick when she barely even knows him.

Allen, on the other side almost felt nauseous, for the increase of dopamine had made him feel so, as he couldn't get his mind off of tying a red knot with Jenna.

"Allen!" Jenna gave a call with her calm tone

"Yes!" Allen responded raising one of his eyebrow up

"What would you do if I deny you this marriage?"

"You know that. and I hate repeating myself over and over again" he said in an agreed tone

"I hate you." I said in an agressive tone

"but I love you and you're marrying me and it's final plus i have done a favor by letting it be contractual or else you would be actually marrying me and there would be no you leaving me" he said in a possessive tone"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

HEY GUYS! HOW WAS IT. DID YOU LIKE IT TILL THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE VOTE FOR MY STORY AND COMMENT. SHOW YOUR LOVE UF YOU LIKE IT.

****AND I WILL BE LATE ON UPDATING THIS STORY FOR PERSONAL REASONS BUT FOR SURE BY THE END OF THE WWEK YOU MIGHT GET TWO CHAPTERS FOR SURE. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND****