𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ | to the children of | ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
spanish speakers

real life | los angeles
"to the children of spanish speakers" premiere
- november 6th, 2023

"HOW ARE YOU feeling?" Andrew asked his fiancé as the two sat in the back of a car. Sophia let out a shaky breath as she nodded and Andrew held her hands, kissing the top of them, "Don't be nervous."

"How can I not be?" Sophia asked back and Andrew gave her a look. The two were on the way to the premiere of To The Children of Spanish Speakers, which would be releasing in theaters in November 10th. Sophia had already seen the movie three times because she literally helped direct it, and she was in love with it.

This film was so special to her, and she was terrified for it to be out in the world. Open for others' critiques and opinions. Turning back to Andrew, Sophia whispered, "I'm really scared. I want everyone to love it as much as I do."

"They will. I haven't even seen it, and I know everyone will." Andrew promised her as the car pulled up to the red carpet. He gave his fiancé another encouraging smile, "You got it, baby, trust me."

Nodding her head, Sophia put on her picture perfect smile as Andrew got out of the car first. He held his hand out, helping her out of the car. His arm went around her waist as it always did as they began to walk into the event. They got in line to walk the red carpet and they were one of the last ones to arrive, as Sophia was the star of the film.

"Soph!" Jenna Ortega yelled as she approached the couple in line with Xolo Maridueña. Sophia grinned happily, hugging both of her co-stars. She loved the cast of this movie like they were family, and they practically wore after filming and the press tour.

"You guys look great!" Sophia said excitedly as she held their hands.

"You're nervous as shit, hermana, I can tell." Xolo smirked and Sophia rolled her eyes. "We made a good project. This movie's existence already means a lot to our community. Everyone's gonna love it."

"We made something really incredible." Jenna agreed and Sophia felt tears brim her eyes, squeezing their hands thankfully. "Don't cry, you will make me cry! Listen, once we get on the red carpet, we have to find, Diego, Madi, and Nina to do a young people cast photo."

"Disculpe, we take offense to that!" Oscar Isaac raised his voice as he, Pedro Pascal, and Salma Hayek turned around in line to talk.

"We're going to do a huge cast photo, don't worry, and one of just the Latinos," Sophia promised as she hugged each one of them. Salma hugged her especially tight, knowing she was nervous. "No offense to Sebastian and Aaron and all the others, but we need a picture with no gringos."

All the cast-members nodded in agreement while they laughed. After meeting Sebastian Stan at D23 last year, Sophia asked him to audition for TTCOSS, and he made it in as one of the non-Hispanic members of the cast.

"I'll take my leave." Andrew joked from behind his fiancé.

"You're not even in the movie!" Pedro reminded the man as the two bro-hugged.

•••

       "WHO'S MOST LIKELY to pull a prank on set?" An interviewer asked Sophia on the red carpet. She already took photos with Andrew and by herself, and with Minnie and Laila, who were here to interview as well of course. She was doing a few interviews before taking more cast photos.

"Xolo, easy," Sophia answered without hesitation before speaking again, "Xolo or Diego. Or both of them together, deadly pair. They played the most pranks but Oscar and Pedro also loved to prank them back."