Part 28-Epilogue

THREE YEARS LATER___________________________

Tanya bent down to kiss her newborn daughter who was sleeping in the cradle. She smiled to see the baby girl dressed in a frilly frock, her face angelic in sleep. They had just returned from a party where all the pack members had been invited. It had been a celebration of the first time she and Neil had taken their daughter out to introduce her to the whole pack as well as the neighboring ones. She had enjoyed as people gasped to see her tiny but beautiful face, a study in perfection. What was remarkable was that her daughter was a human, through and through, just like her mother. It had been a pleasant surprise after her firstborn, a son, who took after his father in being a strong werewolf. He was a naughty toddler now, the apple of his mother's eye, while Neil was besotted with his tiny human daughter. 

Coming back to her room, she walked into the shower, her mind going to the events leading up to this delightful day. Three years ago, once she had regained her strength, they had returned to the territory, to take up married life. Neil's father had come around with time and now doted on his grandchildren. She understood that he had felt partially guilty due to Neil's plan, being unable to talk him out of it. Now, he spent hours sitting with her, watching the children play, and recounting stories from Neil'schildhood. Neil had not forgiven Renee for the dastardly attack on her. Her family had been banished from the pack territory and all their property forfeited. They had taken shelter in the Green Hill Pack, and in return, Renee had to marry Alpha Donald, a middle-aged man, whose Luna had died in childbirth. Renee was the new Luna now, taking care of him and his three children. Gone was the sultry seductress, Tanya smiled to recall, as she had seen her that evening, attending the function with her balding husband. Instead, she looked like a harassed mother, who was at the end of her tether. Tara had escaped Neil's wrath and harsh punishment, only by virtue of being Ray's sister. She had, though, been sent overseas to study at a university. 

Tanya walked out of the bathroom in her lace nightgown, sitting in front of the mirror to brush her flowing hair. Motherhood suited her. As it did Emma. She and Ray had been married three years back in a grand mating ceremony, attended by the werewolves as well as the witches. The two communities were at peace now, since Emma became Ray's bride. They had been blessed with a baby boy, a werewolf like his father, and had another on the way. Emma had glowed with a radiance born out of her blissful life with a husband who thought she made the sunrise every day. Of course, she couldn't fault Neil on that point. He doted on her and pampered her no end. Their bond had become stronger with each passing day, and now even she felt the pull of the mating bond, even when Neil wasn't with her. 

Now, he entered their bedroom, having put the little monster to bed. Quickly taking a shower, he came out with a towel around his waist, coming to stand behind her, with his hands on her shoulders. "ComeTanya. It has been an exhausting evening, and with all the talk about the territories and packs, I have been bored out of my mind. The next time we are not having another coming out function," he grinned."Hey, who said there will be a next time. These two are enough to keep my hands full for years to come," she protested, a teasing smile playing on her lips. "You break my heart, my Luna. I had planned to have at least six cubs," he sighed dramatically. "Well, in that case, it is alright. I can't think of breaking your heart. It is too precious for me. I think I can put up with being made love to passionately, for a few more years. In fact, I think I can try hard to put up with it for the rest of my life," she teased while evading his arms. "I thank the Moon God for that," he said, his eyes twinkling with love and sweet anticipation for the coming night. "I thank the Moon God too, for granting me my own mate, my beloved beast, whom I love to the moon and back," she put her arms around his neck, drawing his head down, to claim his lips. "You have tamed this beast forever, sweetheart," he said, returning her kiss.

THE END