Novelty

Sophie : I bounced my pen back and forth between my fingers, doodling whilst waiting for the bell to ring

Sophie :
I bounced my pen back and forth between my fingers, doodling whilst waiting for the bell to ring. I had turned in my assignment fifteen minutes ago, and yet, there was still twenty minutes of class remaining.

This morning, I am attending my first class this year. I, personally, enjoy English. It was always my strong suit. Probably why I like it so much..

The events that took place yesterday completely off my mind, as I pondered with one objective. Join the skating team.

It's highly likely that everyone on the team are either junior or senior figure skaters, but, it's worth a shot. I think that my novice self could weasel my way into there somehow.

I sketched a small rabbit in the corner of my notebook page, along with the tiniest little vest. Just like the one Peter rabbit has. Me and Dad used to watch the movie on his old cd player. And listen to a lot of Taylor Swift's old songs. I mean a lot.

Silence was never my thing. One may consider studying period a time for sweet solitude. But I would define it as 'one's time to listen to Taylor's 1989 album'. It's utterly amazing. Can't wait for Taylor's version.

My senses tingled at the clicks of the clock, and the silence the class up kept well.

Feeling excluded, I searched around the room for anyone else who might have completed their assignment as well. Anticipating avail, until my gaze landed on Noah. Paper no longer on his desk. Oh. He finished too.

Before I could have a further opinion, a strict figure loomed over my desk. "Is that doodling I see, Ms Bellerose?" Mr Benton our class teacher tapped his side, as I cranked my neck back to look up at him.

"Umm. Might you like Peter Rabbit?"
He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose begrudgingly.
"Doodling is not taken lightly in this class. No teacher appreciates a graffitied notebook. But I suppose I could make an exception, seeing as you are a.. rather new student."

Mr Benton snatched my paper from under my arm, scanning the content from top to bottom, his expression softening, just a tinge.

"Your writing is..impeccable." His eyes widened but drew together as he read every word. A little surprised by his response, I squeak out a quiet thank you.

"Excellent." Mr Benton nodded curtly before returning to his desk.

I sat there, confused on what to do next. Then beginning to pick at my stray hairs. A few moments later, the bell blared throughout the floor, enlightening everyone with the start of break.

I slung my pastel pink backpack over my shoulder, and walked towards the door with everyone else.

"Ow." I let out an audible sigh and turned to Noah who had just shoved me out the door frame. He shrugged at me, hands in his pockets as he walked off. That actually hurt..

I pouted before continuing strolling down the school hallways. I hadn't actually explored anything yet. Brighton's campus is huge. It would take three times my daily energy to do one loop round.

Maybe I should just go back to my dorm.. I should decorate it a bit. Was it left or right? I stood at the bottom of the grand staircase, bewildered by direction.

After ten minutes was when I had realised, I was lost.

I was about to turn back around to go in the opposite direction, when something caught my eye.

'Figure Skating Team Tryouts'

Noah :

"Shit!" I stopped my skates abruptly after losing the puck. "Alcocer, if you would like to beat Hamlet this year, you better not fuck up your game. You're captain for Christ's sake." The coach barked at me from the sidelines.

"I'm really fucking trying." Beads of sweat dripped from my forehead as I gripped the barrier, snatching my blade covers from the nearby desk. Skating off before Russell could even develop a snide remark.

"What the fuck is up with you?" Coach ripped me towards him by the collar. I stared down the man. Hard.

"If that—if that—that, what I saw out there was your best, we're doomed for the championship. And I know you want that trophy." His words were bold and engraved in the neck of my head.

"Now go clean yourself up. Also, get a haircut. You look like a fucking doofus." He threw a firm fist at my chest, his agitation evident on his face.

I sent a glare at him back while sliding on the covers. I really am trying.

My body folded on its own, seating myself down before I cracked. "Hey." Henry sat himself next to me. Exhibiting his sympathy for me by hugging my waist tight.

"Woah. What's this for?' I chuckled, patting his arm awkwardly. He let go, showing me a childish grin. 'You looked sad. Thought you might've needed it.' He released his bush of hair from his helmet. "I hope you realise he is always like this, bud. It isn't my first time, nor will it be my last." After a while, I got used to his outbursts; I could see them coming from a mile away. They didn't bother me as much as they used to back when I was thirteen.

"I know. But just so you have some sense of my admiration, I really want to be like you. Adored, passionate, actually noticed." His big green eyes looked up at me with nothing short of genuineness. My mind flitted back to home politics and all the imperfections in my life that always bleed through the stitches I sow. "I notice you, Hen. And trust me, it's harder than it seems."

I turned to the skating rink for a glance, just to remind me of my main objective. Before turning away, a ray of golden flew across the air, landing perfectly on the ice with ease. Madame Angpol applauded the figure skater as she skated towards her.

She was definitely foreign to the F.S. team; I haven't ever seen any of the others have such elegance and technique. Who is that?
I squinted to get a better view.

Just as the silhouette brushed a lock of golden hair out of her face, the realisation struck me harder than Coach's insults.

Sophie?

A/N : god i procrastinated so hard on this

A/N : god i procrastinated so hard on this.. sorry about not writing anything for weeks, exam week >>
but anyway I'm planning two more chapters this week so let's see how that goes-