4 - Ex

natalie

"Who are you here with Miss Matthews?"
"Your new boyfriend, Harrison Montgomery?"
"Where is your date?"

I sighed and finally chose a reporter to get this over with.

I put on my fakest press smile and walked up to him, "Hi! How are you this evening?"

He smiled back at me, "I am good? How are you?"

I looked around, "I'd say I'm doing pretty well."

We both laughed and he finally cleared his throat, "Who are you here with this evening?"

"I am actually here alone."

"No Mr Montgomery?"

"Believe it or not, we are not dating."

He nodded, "I heard you haven't been in a relationship since your high school girlfriend?"

Stick to your PR training.

"I haven't had the time." I laughed, "It's hard being me."

"Oh I bet." He looked down at his card, "I know you said you missed your friends from high school," He looked at me, "Do you miss your ex?"

What kind of question is that?

PR training.

Mac.

"I think I'll always miss her just a bit. I mean, I was going to New York and now here I am living in La going against the reason we literally broke up."

Ophelia is going to kill me.

The redhead nodded his head while he listened. "Have you ever thought about reaching out?"

I laughed, "You have no idea." Snap out of it, "It was lovely chatting with you!"

I hurried to find Julia and Sofia after that.

We're all going to Riley's house after this. Then I'm going to my new house here.

It's a really pretty house honestly.

I love it.

It gives very fairy garden vibes.

Seven bedrooms. Nine Bathrooms. A full home gym, game room, lounge, bar, tennis court, pool, hot tub, piano room, master study, private drive, and (my favorite part) the 6 car garage.

A house for a superstar indeed.

Kidd is helping me finish moving in.

And Teddy is spending a week with me for summer vacation.

"There you are!" Julia's arms wrapped around my neck as I walked towards the limousine. She's already drunk.

"Ignore her." And there is her keeper. "She's a little drunk.

"Clearly." I laughed and helped Julia into the car, getting in after her. I immediately slid those uncomfortable shoes off my feet and slouched.

Things you can't do in the public eye.

"I let Riley and Layla know we're on our way." Sofia's accent was shining tonight. That usually only happens in three situations: Her mom is in town, she's stressed, or she's high.

"Is your mother in town?" I smirked at her.

She shot daggers in my direction, "I smoked one blunt with Heidi. Don't."

I shook my head and looked out the window, "Could've invited me."

"I don't like my love life being displayed everywhere." I looked back at her, "I mean, I never, ever, told anyone about my past relationships."

"I hate to say this, but someone can dig just a little bit and see old articles about Natalie Matthews: The undefeated lacrosse champion turned superstar and her high school life."

I groaned, "I miss Lacrosse. I won state for six years."

We talked about high school all the way until we made it to Riley's.

Tonight is gonna be fun.