7. no talent to show

𖦹

𖦹

MICHONNE AND NELLIE HAD been ready to go like, yesterday but somehow Andrea got herself roped into The Governor's charms and now here she stands, listening to the claps of the Woodbury people after he finished his long, long speech.

    For some reason, he decided a party was needed. An old fashioned block party and the only good thing about it is the amount of hamburgers Nellie has consumed. She swallows the last bite of her third burger and glances over at Sadie, "Have you seen my mom?" Sadie nods a quick no, eating her own burger at a normal speed.

            Nellie sighs, wiping her hands off on her jeans, "I'm gonna look for her." And she walks away before Sadie can stop her, speeding away. The Governor moves through the crowd. A smile spreads across Sadie's face as she meets the man in the middle. "Liking the event?" The Governor gestures with his hands, "If not, I do like the smile across your face, Sads," He gently pinches her cheeks. Sadie scoffs, playfully swatting his hand away.

         "Thanks. And yes. I am enjoying it. You enjoying Andrea?" Sadie laughs. But the man's expression falls, annoyance being exchanged for a smile. "Hey, she's no one, okay? Don't you worry," The Governor holds Sadie's face tenderly, "I've gotta talk to Milton and Merle. I'll be back." Sadie blinks at the man as he walks away, confused with why she would have to be worried. Andrea seems nice enough, she doesn't understand the problem.

            Sadie tilts her head, walking away from the crowd.

          Nellie runs through the streets of Woodbury, alleyways that aren't occupied thanks to this stupid party. She's beginning to panic and that is not a feeling Nellie appreciates. This is the longest she's been away from her mother since this all started and she has no idea where the woman is. If he has something to do with this, Nellie will surely strangle him.

      Nellie steps back onto the street and a wave of relief smacks her in the face, even if her mom looks pissed off, there's her mom. The Governor hasn't killed the only person she has left.

     "Mom? Holy shit—"

     "We have to go. Now, Nellie," Michonne says through gritted teeth, grabbing her daughter by the wrist. She doesn't struggle in her mother's grip. She wouldn't just tug her around for no reason like this. "What the hell happened?" Nellie asks. "This place isn't safe. We should've left days ago," Michonne remarks, pulling her and her daughter into the building they've been residing in, "Gather your stuff."

Nellie takes a deep breath, shoving all her stuff into her bag while Michonne does the same frantically.

     The bedroom door clicks open, Andrea slipping through, "We need to talk—"