32. liar

𖦹

𖦹

"SADIE? SADIE, WAKE UP. SADIE," A gentle voice whispers. For a moment, Sadie thinks she might be dead. The voice for the smallest moment sounded like Lori, what's left of the women in her scrambled memories.

       "Sadie–"

        "Hm?" Sadie hums, shaking herself awake to meet Michonne's worried eyes. Sadie groans, the light giving her an instant headache. She tries to move hair from her face only for her hands to be tied together.

                     Sadie tugs and tugs as if that would work but they remain in the ropes. "Stay calm, alright?' Hershel coos from the left of her. Sadie snaps her head towards him and then lets out a hiss of pain at the swift move.

          Sadie's heart rate increases, trying to take in her surroundings. "Where, um?" Sadie croaks out, throat dry, "Where are we?" Her eyes scan the small area, noticing the driver's seat. An RV. Sadie's whacked brain recalls how she got here. Barrel to the head from the one and only, The Governor.

         "Motherfucker," Sadie curses under her breath. As if on cue, the RV door swings open. The tall frame dressed in all black emerges. With just his back, The Governor reminds Sadie of the Boogieman. He spins around with a small, sickening sweet smile, "Mornin'," He sasses. Sadie's nose twitches in anger, skin rubbing against the rope as she fights against the material. The Governor digs into his pocket, bringing out a box of protein bars, "You should eat. It's gonna be a long day. Nobody's gonna hurt you."

       Sadie sucks on her teeth at that, "Tell that to the headache making my head throb. Does slamming the barrel into my head not count for you?"

     "You elbowed me and sliced my arm, Sadie. When this is all said and done, you're staying with me. These people have made you violent," The Governor sighs, arms crossed. "You're impossible," Sadie remarks, leaning forward, face twisted in anger. Her gaze drifts to the bandage around his arm. She smirks to herself. Same place she has her scar. Along her forearm, the same night she met him. He might not have scarred her but Sadie feels some what satisfied knowing he'll have that forever, just like her.

              "I don't believe that. That you won't hurt anyone," Hershel quietly says. The Governor has his back turned to them for a moment, "Well, I don't care." Ignoring the pain pulsating through her head, Sadie manages to glare at the tall man, "The least you can do is tell us why you kidnapped us."

              "Please," Hershel adds a kindness to it that Sadie doesn't care that she lacks right now. Not when the sun feels like her worst enemy next to The Governor.