•7

"Hi." He said as soon as he entered the hospital room.

Anushka was over there, reading a boring magazine. While Dhara was sitting on the sofa, cutting an apple for her beloved bhabhi.

"What are you doing here?" Dhara asked him pointedly.

While Anushka shushed her.

"I came to meet my wife. Not you, hippo." He deadpanned. While Dhara had her mouth opened like a fish. How dare him!

"Excuse me! You are calling me a hippo? When you yourself are a rhino? You don't dare. And about your wife, itne deeno se kya bhul gaye the ki apki biwi bhi hai? Aaj kaise achanak yaad aa gayi unki?" She has been like this always. Never afraid to speak her mind on anything, no matter how harsh it may be.

And right now, she was doing the same. If her brother did wrong with her bhabhi, she ain't letting it go. Even thought he was on his work only, he shouldn't have ignored his family.

She remembered how her bhabhi had even cried a few times in last six months. Reason, she felt lonely.

He talked on call very very rarely. And generally for not more than five minutes. That too if he has time.

He and his damn time. Dhara was cursing the last six months in her mind while giving a death glare to Kartik. Who gulped visibly.

"I had told our parents about your condition. They will visit soon." He informed Anushka, tearing his gaze away from Dhara. He was scared of his younger sister now.

"Par kyu? Unhe faltu chinta hogi. Plus it wasn't even that serious." Anushka said in a disliking tone.

And Kartik made his way towards her and took her in his embrace.

Oh just how much she missed this in all these months! To be with him in his arms.

And without even realising, even he missed this. He missed her warmth. He missed her. She was his home. His sukoon.

"Chiii bhaiiiii. Show your non-existent PDA somewhere else. Not here. Leave bhabhi and get lost from here." She said, ready to hit him with her chappal.

Long forgotten were the half cut apples.

But as soon as she saw the calmed expressions on Anushka's face, she felt an unknown warmth spreading in her insides. And she knew her bhabhi needed this.

So instead, she left from there, giving the couple the privacy.

"I am extremely sorry Nushki. I failed as a husband. Please agar ho sake toh maaf kardo mujhe." Kartik was on the verge of crying.

But could he be blamed? He almost lost his wife. Even the thought sent shivers down his spine.

"Indeed you failed as a husband." Anushka said and got out of his hug after about ten minutes. He looked at her with guilt and she looked at him with hurt.

"Do you even have any idea how much had I missed you all these months? Scratch that, I CRAVED you! The way you ignored me is unacceptable. You know I know that you were busy in your work. But there was even a time I thought that you might have someone else by your side. That's why you-" she was cut in between by him hand covering her mouth.

How could she think so?

What have you done Kartik. Her this thinking is your doing.

His mind reminded him.

"It's nothing like this princess. I can swear on my life, on my Jaan. There was no one except you and there will be no one else. Please don't say so. The last time I touched a woman was you, a few months back." He said and his eyes screamed sincerity.

And she knew that she could belive him. At least on this.

But about his ignorance and carelessness, she was not going to go easy on him.