•10

"No you-

Before Anushka could say anything further, Kartik shut her mouth numb and left her shocked.

With a kiss.

The only way he could think of to stop this assuming lady of his along with keeping both his and her sanity alive was to kiss her. This way she would shut, both by his lips and by the blush on her cheeks.

Which surely did happen. She did shut up after that, enjoying his kiss a little too much.

But ended up shedding tears. It was not just because of the extremely hurtful misunderstanding, but also due to her pregnancy hormones. She had gotten more emotional then she already was.

"Nushki, baby what's wrong. Hey look at me. Jaan?" He called her ever so softly, even though he was panicking from the inside.

He just kissed his wife passionately and here she is crying her heart out.

He felt like a bastard.

"You are so bad. So so bad. I would never talk to you." She kept hitting his chest with her fists lightly till she got tired and finally, gave in by hugging him. All while still crying.

"Please don't leave me. Please don't. You have became my habit now, more like an addiction. If you leave me, I might survive but I would never be able to live again." She said and hugged him tighter, while crying more.

Meanwhile, listening to her words, his eyes got watery and his heart was paining too. Only if she knew how his greatest fear is to loose her.

"Listen jaan, please listen to me na." He pleaded with his eyes.

And finally Anushka stopped crying and listened to him.

"I am angry on you. How dare you even think that I will ever leave you? What you listened wasn't false. It was true, every single word was." He said and stopped. And Anushka's heart sink at this.

"But that wasn't fully true. It only could ever be true if you want it all. Only if you wants to leave me or let go of me. If it's not you who would ask me to go, I'm never ever leaving you. NEVER EVER. Capeesh?" He said with full sincerity in his eyes.

And she knew he wasn't lying.

"And mumma?" She asked while hiccuping.

"First have water. And about Ritu maa, I told her the same. She thought about it and before heading back home, told me I was right and that she should have talked to you before." He made her sit on the chair and passed her water.

She gulped it down and then nodded in acknowledgement.

"So now all's good?" She asked innocently.

"You don't have any other doubt now, do you?" He asked fearfully.

"Not even ittu sa." She said cutely while pinching her thumb first finger together.

How adorable could she be!!

"Remeber always, I am forever by your side. Yours to love and fight with. Yours to care and take care by. No one else's. I'm exclusively yours, just like you're exclusively mine. Capeesh?" He asked all while hugging her again.

She felt like a treasure to him, whom he wants to cherish all his life.

He might have made mistakes in past by ignoring this treasure for months but never again. Cross his heart.

"Caposh." She answered with an adorable smile.

"I swear agar aap logo ka ye straight out of romance fiction band nahi hua toh main ghar ana band kar dungi." Dhara whined while closing her eyes with her palms.

Making Kartik groan and Anushka laugh out loud.

Life indeed was perfect for them now. Forevermore.

~