Chapter 9: Listen Up

Chapter 9

Listen Up
--------------------------------------
August

I walked inta my English class that I share wit' O'Shae and looked aroun' for her. I haven't seen her since yesterday, and she ain't been answerin' a niggas texts or calls or none of that shit. Ion't know what that shit been about, but I was gone find out. I'm prolly gone seem pressed ova her or some shit, but I cain't help it. Afta our lil date that feelin' that I got towards her only grew and a nigga been feignin' to see her again.

I looked aroun' the room some moe, and saw her sittin' way up in the rows in the last seat, at the very end of the row. She had her headphones in mouthing words to some song, and I just stared at her foe a lil bit. She was all in her own lil world back there, and Ion't know, its jus' somethin' 'bout her that got a nigga all sprung, and hooked and shit. Sad part is I barely still know lil mama.

"Shae!" I called ta her while I climbed up the steps ta get ta the row she was sittin' in.

She ain't look up, but kept mouthin' the words ta whatever song she was listenin' to and readin' through whateva text book she had in front of her. I got next ta her, and tapped her onna shoulda makin' her jump a lil. She looked up at, and took her headphones out before slappin' my arm and makin' me laugh.

"That ain't funny! You really scared me." She laughed. I cheesed and sat down next ta her.

"It's 'bout fifty people up in this classroom, and I scared you?"

"Yes! I didn't expect anyone to come, and mess wit' me."

"I'm sho', you got yo self all up here by yo self all secluded and shit." I pointed out. "Whatchu doin' all the way back hea' anyways?"

She looked over at me, and shrugged befoe putting her head on her fist. "I don't know, just wanted to chill by myself before class started."

"Yea? What's been goin' on witchu recently anyways? You ain't been trynna talk ta me or nunin', is you okay?"

She bit down on her lip, and shrugged again befoe turnin' back ta her text book, and actin' like she was readin' some shit. I don't undastand her lil change in attitude towards a nigga 'cause befoe she was all coo', and bubbly O'Shae, nah she all weird and tryin' not ta keep eye contact wit' a nigga and shit. I'm jus' trynna make sho' she straight and errythang.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

I peeped her roll her eyes, befoe she got up and got her shit tagetha, befoe lookin' down at me. "Listen, just leave me alone okay. Forget the date and everything, just let me be." She snapped and then walked down the steps and ta one of the seats inna front row.

I jus' watched her foe a second befoe I decided ta get up and go talk ta her, but it was too late 'cause the professor walked in and tol' us ta take our seats. I sat down a couple rows behine Shae and jus' looked at the back of her head. I wanna know what the fuck made her snap onna nigga like that. As far as I know, I ain't do shit ta shorty since I been hea' so Ion't know whea' she catchin' lil attitudes from, but we sho' gone talk 'bout the shit when we get up out this class.

-----

As soon as the professor dismissed errybody O'Shae got up and left the damn class like somebody lit a damn match under her ass. I had ta jog jus' ta catch up wit' her in the hallway.

"O'Shae hol' up." I tol' her befoe grabbin' her arm. She turned ta me, and snatched her arm out my grip lookin' all upset and shit.

"What? What do you want August?" She snapped. I pushed her up against the wall behine her so we ca get out of errybody way and not 'cause a damn scene.