Chapter 34: Life Changes

Chapter 34

Life Changes
-----------------------------------
O'Shae

August had stepped out of the kitchen and went into my room to finish his conversation in private. I kept on cooking though just happy that he came over. I wanted to try and avoid him today just because I wanted to give myself some time to cool off, but I should've known I wasn't going to stay clear of him for that long, and besides, I kind of missed him. I really don't like being mad at August, but I wanted to hold my ground so he knows how serious I am about him getting out of the streets.

I'm just very appreciative that he's even considering to fill out job applications. That's all that I really want. "August do you want some of this?" I yelled.

He didn't respond so I went ahead and made him a plate anyways after I grabbed the chicken out of the oven. I fixed his plate and then made mine and brought them both into the living room and sat them on the table. I said a quick prayer and then started to eat my food. Well into my meal, August came back out of the room with the biggest smile on his face.

"What? What are you so happy about?" I asked while laughing a little.

He shook his head still smiling while he looked down at his phone. "Iont even buhlea this shit!"

"Believe what? What is going on?" I asked. I wanted to join in on his happiness too.

He looked over at me still with that big ass smile on his face. It's a contagious smile too because I was smiling just because he looked so happy.

"That was jus' the chairman up at Atlantic Records, he want a nigga ta come in tomorrow ta talk about a deal." He told me.

As soon as the words left his mouth I hopped up running over to him to give him a hug. He wrapped his arms around my tightly while I jumped up and down in his arms. Excited was not even the word to explain what's going through me.

"Baby, that's amazing!" I told him while I pulled away and grabbed his face.

He smiled and nodded agreeing. "I know man, it's crazy."

"So what all did he say exactly?"

"He basically tol' me that he wants me ta come down ta the office tomorrow and play some of the songs that I got foe him and he got a few producers that's lookin' at me right nah and they wanna meet a nigga."

I squealed again and started jumping up and down. He laughed at me and then ran a hand over his head. I am so proud of him right now it doesn't even make sense.

"I'm proud of you Aug." I sincerely told him.

He looked down at me and kissed me. "Thank you. I'm proud of my damn self too, I jus' wonda how my music even got ta them."

"Yea, I wonder too." I smirked.

He looked over my face and his smile only got bigger making mine grow too. "O'Shae, whatchu do?"

"I may or may not have sent your song to some people down at the record label that my dad and I know."

"O'Shae, you serious?" He asked shocked. I simply nodded.

That first night in Trinidad, after we got back to the hotel, I sent the link to Aug's song to Craig and a few other people in the building after I made my dad call them. They all emailed me back saying that got it, and they'll discuss where they'll go from there. I didn't hear anything from them after that, but it looks like they enjoyed it.

He grabbed my face and kissed me repeatedly before letting me go. He looked serious now and I was shocked in the change of mood.

"You okay, August?" I asked.