26

****
Aviva.

The New Year was supposed to bring joy and happiness, I had so many plans for it back at home, Bianca and I had planned, we saved but I was stuck in a mansion with nothing to do.

The new year passed by quickly after I woke up the morning of New Year and I was alone I started thinking about the event of the night before. I wonder who the man was but I knew I could not let my curiosity get the better of me.

Eduardo was more secure than ever before, I barely saw him through January, they were times he came to dinner but nothing happened.

I was tired of the same routine every day, so I decided to start yoga. I had a fit body but there was nothing to do, I talked to Bianca and Aunt Dina twice a week, which made my week better.

Mikel was now very present in my life, I would walk around the house doing nothing in particular, it was boring but I knew I would soon be over. Eduardo assured me that he was going to catch Rio soon and I was going to go back to my life soon enough.

It was currently two in the morning and I was watching old cartoons, it was something I enjoyed very much, I out in I'm low volume as I did not want to disturb the house. The door suddenly opened, and Alejandro drenched in blood walked in, he took a heavy step toward me and I flew out of my bed.

"Alejandro! What is this?! Why are you here now?!" he was terrifying, he looked feral as he panted.

"The don, he has been shot, we cannot get the doctor here, Carlos tells me you are a nurse."

"Eduardo has been shot?!" I yelled and flew out mod my bed. "Where is he?"

"In his room, trying to fix it himself, none of us are capable of handling a wound like that." we ran out of the room, "Why would he try to fix it himself?! Is he crazy?!"

We started toward the stair, back to the hallways, "I tried to talk him out of doing anything but he threatened to shoot me." I rolled my eyes, the idiot! He would die of bleeding before he could pick up a gun.

We finally got to the front of the room, this was not the first time I was passing this door by but men were always paroling the door even without Eduardo's presence. The room seemed to be very important to him, of course, it was, he was sleeping in there, he was in his most vulnerable state when he was asleep.

Men were standing in front of the door as usual, but this time, it seemed like they had anticipated my arrival.

"What is this?!" Alejandro asked looking at the men, "The don has asked that we disallow the madam from entering his room."

I did not realize that even these guards regarded me as madam, that was fucking weird, but that was the list of my priority at that moment. Eduardo would not let me enter his room.

"Is he serious right now?! He shot and he is behaving like fucking mam child!" I snapped at nobody in particular.

"Look, if Miss Aviva doesn't go in there the don might lose so much blood that he would fucking die! I don't think you want the boss dead do you?!" this was the first time Alejandro was coming to my aid, and I knew it was not because he liked me but because I could treat the idiot inside his room.

The men looked at each other before moving away from the door, they unlocked the door with a key and I entered. I could hear groaning and I knew that it must hurt like a bitch. I was shot last year after escaping Rio, it hurt like something I could not describe.

This room was large but not as big as mine, I ran toward the bed where he was laying. He slighted me, and his eyes went to Alejandro, "I thought I told you not to fucking bring her here!" he snarled at Alejandro.